Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia - eligible fare code list for mileage accumulation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 1999, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Iberia - eligible fare code list for mileage accumulation

A friend of mine who lives in Madrid has been exploring the possibility of getting the oneworld 100k bonus from there. As part of his research he talked to the Iberia folks in the home office to determine fare codes on partner airlines eligible for mileage accumulation. He sent the following list. Hopefully this will be helpful in your planning.

AA- almost all-- Y,R,S,B,G,H,K,M,N,U,W,X,Y,Z
BA- S,B only
CP- Y,R
AY- M,Y
QF- Y
CX- Y,B
IB- "All flights are eligible except the really cheap ones" -- that's a quote from the Madrid office, and they wouldn't be more specific, though I persisted. I guarantee these don't jibe with what you've been told!

The flight codes eligible for awards with BA are as follows:

All Oneworld partners: L,K,H,B, and Y (they have indeed been standardized!).

I think the last bunch of numbers will be what we can expect going forward. I certainly hope that these fare codes will not be retroactively applied.
Old Nov 4, 1999, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
There are some First and Business codes which you have ommitted -

F - Full fare First Class (1w)
A - Discounted First Class (1w)
J - Full fare Business Class (1w)
C - Slight discounted Business Class (CX)
D - Discounted Business Class (1w)
I - Deep discount Business Class (CX, AY)

OneWorld RTW tickets are booked in A and D class respectively. Note that A seats are extremely limited on some flights. I have been on waitlist for a BA flight in A class between LAX and LHR for 3 weeks now and it seems that it may never clear because BA only wants to give preferences to their 'full' fare passengers!
Old Nov 5, 1999, 3:14 am
mgm

celestar - so why not try a BA flight from SFO or San Diego (to LGW)? I think you would have better luck on those routes. Worse comes to worse you would probably get a seat on AA's LAX-LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.