Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:03 am
Suspended

Wow, nice fares!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pbd456
so what is your long haul aa segment?
No long haul AA. DOH-ORD on QR is AA code share as A was only available on AA code share, not available of QR flight number. I also am doing CX JFK-HKG as AA code share.

Originally Posted by ajnaro
Maybe EGE should really be EZE
EGE is supposed to be EGE as that is my second home. Not to mention EZE would make it a AONE5, which it is not.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Question

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
DOH-ORD on QR is AA code share as A was only available on AA code share, not available of QR flight number.
I'm curious about the "A" class booking on the DOH - ORD route.

Is this due to a temporary A380 substitution on the route --- and if so, what expectation do you have about what will occur if QR reverts to its usual 2-cabin B777 on the date of your flight?

Are involuntary cabin downgrades ever reimbursed or compensated on AONEx tickets --- and if so, who do you think that you would receive it from (i.e. QR, who would not sell you the "A" ticket on that sector, or AA)?

TIA for your thoughts.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Maybe we should start another thread titled "Another DONEx originating MPM
or better yet put the posts about these tickets in the new custom-purpose thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...periences.html
(where I hope to be posting tomorrow)
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am still a little confused by the rules about transiting through Europe/Middle East twice. Would the following be a valid itinerary:
MPM-xDOH-LAX-JFK-SCL-IPC-SCL-GIG-xJFK-HKG-CMB-NRT-LHR-ATH-MAD-DOH-CPT
Any advice welcome.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I'm curious about the "A" class booking on the DOH - ORD route.

Is this due to a temporary A380 substitution on the route --- and if so, what expectation do you have about what will occur if QR reverts to its usual 2-cabin B777 on the date of your flight?

Are involuntary cabin downgrades ever reimbursed or compensated on AONEx tickets --- and if so, who do you think that you would receive it from (i.e. QR, who would not sell you the "A" ticket on that sector, or AA)?

TIA for your thoughts.
My bad, I mis-typed. When I booked this there was no D on the QR flight, but there was D on the AA code share of that flight for the day I wanted.

My flight is not until the end of the year and is supposed to be a 77W. I'll keep an eye on it now that you've brought it to my attention and if it changes, I'll change to A.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
I am still a little confused by the rules about transiting through Europe/Middle East twice. Would the following be a valid itinerary:
MPM-xDOH-LAX-JFK-SCL-IPC-SCL-GIG-xJFK-HKG-CMB-NRT-LHR-ATH-MAD-DOH-CPT
Any advice welcome.
AA rtw says it is not valid.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by pbd456
AA rtw says it is not valid.
Maybe

MPM-xDOH-LAX-JFK-SCL-IPC-SCL-GIG-xJFK-HKG-CMB-NRT-LHR-ATH-MAD-DOH-MPM
or
MPM-xDOH-LAX-JFK-SCL-IPC-SCL-GIG-xJFK-HKG-CMB-NRT-LHR-ATH-MAD-DOH-WDH

would be valid since the routing involves neither South Africa or Mauritius.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by ajnaro
Maybe

MPM-xDOH-LAX-JFK-SCL-IPC-SCL-GIG-xJFK-HKG-CMB-NRT-LHR-ATH-MAD-DOH-MPM

would be valid since it involves neither South Africa or Mauritius.
aa says mad doh is not allowed. u can argue with aa as much as u want but if the rate desk wont rate, what can u do?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: QF WP
I am about to book my DONE5 for next year and the ONE WORLD booking tool price was horrific something like 124000 ZAR per person ex JNB which is a huge jump on last years ticketing...Will call RTW desk in AA in Dallas and see what they price it at
JNB-LHR-LIS-LHR-INN-LHR-MIA-LIR-DFW-JFK-HKG-MEL-BNE-MEL-SYD-JNB
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:46 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Are involuntary cabin downgrades ever reimbursed or compensated on AONEx tickets --- .
A few years ago I had an AGLOBxx ticket with a CX sector booked / confirmed in A. Booking and ticketing was by CX. Due to an aircraft sub I ended up in Business. CX refused any compensation stating that I could be put in a lower class without compensation. I didn't fight it as it was only a short flight
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by pyffii
I am about to book my DONE5 for next year and the ONE WORLD booking tool price was horrific something like 124000 ZAR per person ex JNB which is a huge jump on last years ticketing
If you go back and read the posts in this thread from June 3 you'll find the prices ex-SA have increased by about 50%. If you want the former SA fares, they're still available from ex-WDH or even better prices ex-MPM. Read the last few pages of posts as there is a lot of good info.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Maybe we should start another thread titled "Another DONEx originating MPM
or better yet put the posts about these tickets in the new custom-purpose thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...periences.html
(where I hope to be posting tomorrow)
And I have posted about my successfully ticketed ex-MPM DONE5 just a few hours ago in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...periences.html
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by pyffii
I am about to book my DONE5 for next year and the ONE WORLD booking tool price was horrific something like 124000 ZAR per person ex JNB which is a huge jump on last years ticketing...Will call RTW desk in AA in Dallas and see what they price it at
JNB-LHR-LIS-LHR-INN-LHR-MIA-LIR-DFW-JFK-HKG-MEL-BNE-MEL-SYD-JNB
Alas the price ex JNB (/SA) was hiked substantially a few weeks back. You can still ticket ex Mozambique (MPM) for similar old prices and that's what those few here looking to ticket recently have done. Best of all, the AA RTW desk is taking these bookings direct without arguing over what card you are using.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:12 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Exclamation Moderator note

In view of the length of this thread, recent changes in pricing and ticketing procedures pertaining to RTW origination and payment, and the lack of relevance of recent posts to the thread title, I have copied all posts in this thread dated from 20 July 2016 onward to this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...periences.html . I am now closing this (original) thread.

Feel free to continue this discussion on the referenced thread.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.