Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions on 16 sector RTW ex JNB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
DFW-ANC only operates during the summer; PHX-ANC is year-round (as is YVR-PHX.)

Changing from YVR-DFW-ANC to YVR-PHX-ANC would require a re-issue.

Codeshares on Alaska (AS) are not eligible with the Oneworld Explorer but are okay with the Global Explorer.
Thank guys, guess i couldn't go to anc this year
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Say I am flying jfk to yvr on a cx direct flight (there is one flight per day)

What if I want to travel a few hours earlier or I miss my flight, would they book me on to the next cx flight? or on the next connecting fligh jfk-dfw-yvr?

If i do get book on to jfk-dfw-yvr do I still earn miles with cx or does it become aa miles?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by jkuok
Say I am flying jfk to yvr on a cx direct flight (there is one flight per day)

What if I want to travel a few hours earlier or I miss my flight, would they book me on to the next cx flight? or on the next connecting fligh jfk-dfw-yvr?

If i do get book on to jfk-dfw-yvr do I still earn miles with cx or does it become aa miles?
If you miss your flight then that is a 'no show' and requires re-booking with a fee of USD125 (rule 16(a)(2)(c) )

Voluntarily changing from JFK-YVR to anything else, such as JFK-DFW-YVR is a 'change to ticketed points', incurring the change fee (USD125) (rule 16(a)2(b) ); plus a recalculation of taxes and charges, plus it consumes an extra segment

Which FFP your miles go to is decided by you, not by which airline you fly
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pandaperth
If you miss your flight then that is a 'no show' and requires re-booking with a fee of USD125 (rule 16(a)(2)(c) )

Voluntarily changing from JFK-YVR to anything else, such as JFK-DFW-YVR is a 'change to ticketed points', incurring the change fee (USD125) (rule 16(a)2(b) ); plus a recalculation of taxes and charges, plus it consumes an extra segment

Which FFP your miles go to is decided by you, not by which airline you fly
got it thanks!!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Couldn't believe the online oneworld rtw DOES NOT accept payment. I must contact the airline of my first segment which turns out to be British Airways.

Can someone confirm if the below contacts are correct? I got it from the BA website, or do they have their own separate rtw agents/numbers I should call?

http://www.britishairways.com/en-ca/...boutCountry=ZA

International British Airways flights
Telephone: +27 10 344 0130

Domestic and regional flights (Comair)
Telephone: +27 11 921 0222 option 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a little update for future readers, I 've changed my rtw to:

CPT-JNB
JNB-HKG
HKG-NRT
NRT-CMB
CMB-NRT
NRT-HKG
HKG-JFK
JFK-YVR
YVR-DFW-LIM
LIM-EZE
EZE-DOH
DOH-MAD
MAD-DOH-CPT
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
From my experience is much cheaper in terms of surcharge if you start your trip from JNB-HKG. CX doesn't charge surcharge. Use AVIOS to buy a ticket from CPT-JNB.
With CX is better and cheaper.
Or better still, the preferred method is call AA-RTW desk to set-up all trip and call AA CPT to issue. You'll have a AA ticket and the easiest ticket to re-route or date change.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gru1K
From my experience is much cheaper in terms of surcharge if you start your trip from JNB-HKG. CX doesn't charge surcharge. Use AVIOS to buy a ticket from CPT-JNB.
With CX is better and cheaper.
Or better still, the preferred method is call AA-RTW desk to set-up all trip and call AA CPT to issue. You'll have a AA ticket and the easiest ticket to re-route or date change.
I don't think it applied if its CPT-JNB, ex JNB-HKG trip 38023 ZAR, ex CPT-JNB-HKG 37977 ZAR which is only 4 USD

Don't think its the same if its flying to Europe (didnt check)

Also I am base in HKG flight to JNB/CPT is 16k HKD

If I take a one way trip to Taiwan its only 1k HKD and from Taiwan to JNB/CPT its only 11k HKD so I get to save 4k HKD and get to spend time in Taiwan.

I guess I will have to wait a few hours and call BA CPT
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:09 pm

Please let us know how you go with paying for the ticket
There has been a recent report (can't find it at the moment) that non-South African credit cards will not be accepted. IIRC this was ticketing with AA, not BA.

I ticketed with BA back in January - see the bottom of the first first post in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...cpt-done5.html

Subsequently I have made two minor changes - both of which were handled easily by BA, though both times I was on hold for about 10 minutes while the agent checked whether there was a charge for the change
(FYI - the first change was a carrier change, made with BA in Brazil; and the second was a carrier and a few date changes, made with BA in the US)
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Please let us know how you go with paying for the ticket
There has been a recent report (can't find it at the moment) that non-South African credit cards will not be accepted. IIRC this was ticketing with AA, not BA.

I ticketed with BA back in January - see the bottom of the first first post in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...cpt-done5.html

Subsequently I have made two minor changes - both of which were handled easily by BA, though both times I was on hold for about 10 minutes while the agent checked whether there was a charge for the change
(FYI - the first change was a carrier change, made with BA in Brazil; and the second was a carrier and a few date changes, made with BA in the US)
For sure I will post my result. I hope everything will go smoothly. I accidentally did not enter my passport and I couldn't enter my FFP # saying there was some problem and ask me to leave it blank.

I also need to 2 changes both of which is just a date/flight change with the same carrier.

I tried calling the domestic/regional flight office since my first flight is CPT-JNB and they are the only office open on the weekend. Sadly they ask me to call the international flight office on Monday...
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: QFF
Couldn't believe the online oneworld rtw DOES NOT accept payment. I must contact the airline of my first segment which turns out to be British Airways.
There is no requirement that the first carrier used issue the ticket. Thats just a tech limit with the online booking tool.

If for some reason the tool fails to complete through to payment, any member airline should be able to ticket.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Himeno
There is no requirement that the first carrier used issue the ticket. Thats just a tech limit with the online booking tool.

If for some reason the tool fails to complete through to payment, any member airline should be able to ticket.
When using the tool, if BA is the first carrier then the tool provides you with the BA PNR and directs you to phone the BA office in the country of origin to complete payment.
For other carriers it is (sometimes!) possible to pay straight away using the tool.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: QFF
When using the tool, if BA is the first carrier then the tool provides you with the BA PNR and directs you to phone the BA office in the country of origin to complete payment.
For other carriers it is (sometimes!) possible to pay straight away using the tool.

How silly.
I've only ticketed via the tool with QF, CX and AA. All take payment via the website (unless you run into the AA issue for others bug where the tool freezes at payment screen).
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, maybe next time I should start my first segment with QF, CX or AA.

Book my flight on Sat tried to paid for my flight on Mon but they said its no longer available... on my email it said the itinerary will be on hold for 96 hrs/4 days

Rebook the same itinerary and tried to pay today, give all the (Hong Kong AMEX) credit card info, they DO accept the credit card but payment did not went through. End up speaking to my credit card company and BA Cape Town office for 1 hour and half.

Conclusion was to wait 24 hours, if this happen to anyone please call your credit card and ask for approval code, merchant reference number and the exact/approximate amount charge. Will update again tomorrow
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Got a phone call and an itinerary email. Somehow its attention to someone else and I became a skyflyer solo...anyway got everything sort out and I am good to go. They do accept non South Africa.credit cards!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:26 am

Congrats, enjoy your trip
And thanks for letting us know the outcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.