Search

Best method for lounge access for flights on QF and JL with no status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum

Hi FT'ers,

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate forum to post this in, so if it is in the wrong place mod's please feel free to move it.

I have a work colleague/friend that is getting married soon, and she and her husband to be are planning on honeymooning to Japan in the next few months.

I thought that potentially a nice wedding present would be to see if there was a way to arrange for some lounge access across one or more of the cities they are flying through/transiting on their trip. They have no status with any airline, as they do not travel often.

I do not have all the complete information of their itinerary but know that they are flying:

WLG to SYD? (could also be MEL) on QF metal
SYD?/MEL? to NRT on JL metal

This will be the same on the way back. At first I was thinking that a 30-day admirals pass through American Airlines is the way to go, but as they are not flying QF from Australia to Japan it seems as if they will not be allowed into the lounge for this leg as this requires a QF boarding pass? Will they be permitted into the Admirals Lounge at NRT with a JL boarding pass? Also, from what I can tell, they will both be permitted into the lounges as there is a guest allowance for these ports?

If anyone has any ideas and solutions that would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jeremykjtan; Jan 15, 2015 at 5:19 pm Reason: Added more info for clarification
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

you can see what lounges a 30 day pass holder can access by looking at the Admirals Club page and selecting "30 day passholder" https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsLocations.jsp#thirty-day

Last edited by Adam1222; Jan 15, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: UA/AA
Upgrade their flights to business or first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.