Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

MR to DXB--OW Lounge access

Old Jan 12, 15, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, SPG Preferred

Planning a MR to DXB via JFK and LHR. Was wondering what will be the best OW lounge(s) I can access as an Emerald member (AA EP).

Also, US citizens do not need a VISA to enter DXB?
Old Jan 12, 15, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Visa information available here ....

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...uae_visas.aspx

I suspect as a US citizen visiting the UAE then it is "visa on arrival".
Old Jan 12, 15, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL GM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist

Oneworld.com will tell you your options. To the extent there are multiple, you should use the search function on this site and look up each of the specific airports.

But no one can really answer the question without knowing what airlines you are flying. You probably don't have any options, though.
If you are flying BA from JFK to LHR, you'll be in terminal 7, and have access to the BA First Lounge.
If you are flying AA from JFK to LHR, you'll be in Terminal 8, and have access to the AA Flagship Lounge.

At LHR, if you are flying BA, you will be in Terminal 5, and the only option is the BA First Lounge.
If you are flying Qantas, you will be in Terminal 3 and can choose between the Admirals Club, the Cathay First, and BA First lounges.

From DXB, if you are flying BA, you will be in Terminal 1, and have the BA Galleries Lounge.
If Qantas, Terminal 3, Emirates First Lounge.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jan 12, 15 at 12:13 pm
Old Jan 12, 15, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG
They call it Visa on Arrival (VOA) but its just the same entry and exit stamps you get for countries that we don't require visa for. You don't have to do anything extra or pay a fee.

Unlike examples of Australia which requires you to pay $20 to get ETA before departure from the US or Indonesia where you have to go stand in another line first to pay the fee and get a VOA sticker before you line up for passport control.
Old Jan 13, 15, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, SPG Preferred
Thanks for the information. very helpful.

I have 3 hours turnaround in DXB. Will it be too tight if I have to go through the immigration and try to check out the lounges? I am flying BA to DXB.
Old Jan 14, 15, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
Originally Posted by SoloTravelerinRed View Post
Thanks for the information. very helpful.

I have 3 hours turnaround in DXB. Will it be too tight if I have to go through the immigration and try to check out the lounges? I am flying BA to DXB.
You will not need to clear immigration or go landside in DXB as the lounges are airside.

You'll land, collect your boarding pass (if you do not already have it), reclear security, and be in the departure Terminal (T1 for BA). T1 and T3 (EK) are connected (I've walked the length of the terminal several times) and you can go to the lounge and/or wander at will.

At LHR (T5), you can use the BA Galleries First lounge as an OW Emerald/AA EP.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: