Search

Oneworld lounge access at KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:33 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
no its not
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Which one is the best lounge? I am travelling to Phuket from KL on Malaysian and was wondering if the CX lounge is better.
Not worth going out of your way for: Phuket departs from the Contact Pier in the Main Terminal Building (where the regional MH lounge is - that's quite nice and usually fairly quiet), while the CX and other MH international lounges are in the Satellite
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Since I had a 2 hour layover in KUL waiting for my flight back to SIN today, I visited the MH Regional Lounge at the Main Terminal and MH Satellite Lounge and CX First/Business lounge at the Satellite Terminal.

It was fun to hop around and had food and drinks here and there. CX lounge was very poor in terms of food/drinks so I would recommend the Satellite and Regional lounges. Never flew domestic before so can't comment about the Domestic lounge.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Since I had a 2 hour layover in KUL waiting for my flight back to SIN today, I visited the MH Regional Lounge at the Main Terminal and MH Satellite Lounge and CX First/Business lounge at the Satellite Terminal.

It was fun to hop around and had food and drinks here and there. CX lounge was very poor in terms of food/drinks so I would recommend the Satellite and Regional lounges. Never flew domestic before so can't comment about the Domestic lounge.
I did the same thing and it was quite fun comparing the lounges.

A small side note is that CX will let you into the Sama-Sama showers if you ask
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by madguy2
A small side note is that CX will let you into the Sama-Sama showers if you ask
Ah good to know, I assume it would be much nicer and newer than the MH ones.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I don't know about J lounge showers,but the F ones are very decent.

madguy2 what is the exact deal between CX and Sama Sama?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
I don't know about J lounge showers,but the F ones are very decent.

madguy2 what is the exact deal between CX and Sama Sama?
If you approach the CX front desk and ask for a shower, they'll call and allow you to use showers at Sama-Sama around the corner. I don't know anymore than that.

F showers at MH were definitely better than Sama-sama.

J showers at MH were somewhat on par with the Sama-sama showers. Sama-sama is newer but smaller.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by madguy2
If you approach the CX front desk and ask for a shower, they'll call and allow you to use showers at Sama-Sama around the corner. I don't know anymore than that.

F showers at MH were definitely better than Sama-sama.

J showers at MH were somewhat on par with the Sama-sama showers. Sama-sama is newer but smaller.
Thanks a lot for clarification,I will have a look next time I am on CX@KUL.

MH showers get lots of complains on here for some reason.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:30 pm

Thanks a lot for clarification,I will have a look next time I am on CX@KUL.

MH showers get lots of complains on here for some reason.
The MH J lounge showers are not on par with the international lounges at say HKG or NRT. They're still usable though. I'm guessing it's just not as new as some people would like. If I had to guess, they were last refurbished in the 90s.

The MH F lounge showers look brand spanking new though.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Can someone confirm for me the situation with lounge access in main terminal and satelitte?

I will be transiting overnight at KUL soon (HKG-KUL-DPS) with 0015 arrival. I assume this will be regional / main area. As OWE I would like to access the F lounge in satelitte overnight before departing again from regioanl area.

Is this going to be possible, both to access the satelitte area and to use lounge as "regional" customer?
Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by justin1123
Can someone confirm for me the situation with lounge access in main terminal and satelitte?

I will be transiting overnight at KUL soon (HKG-KUL-DPS) with 0015 arrival. I assume this will be regional / main area. As OWE I would like to access the F lounge in satelitte overnight before departing again from regioanl area.

Is this going to be possible, both to access the satelitte area and to use lounge as "regional" customer?
Yes, you should be able to. The satellite and regional area are connected via the skytrain.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by justin1123

That's what I always do.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
That's what I always do.
Thanks all for confirming.

Can I also ask - does the first class / platinum MH satelitte lounge have "sleeping rooms" open during the night, and as OW Emerald can I bring 1 guest travelling with me?

It seems so, but slightly confused as this facility is not listed on the oneworld site (which sometimes means special rules....?)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Yes they do. A basic room but its a proper single bed. Think there are 4 or 6 of them at the back of the lounge, just before the restrooms. Ask at the reception and they'll hold on to your boarding pass when they handover the key.

Do carry eye shades though- the door had a tempered glass section that I found to be an annoyance with the lighy from outside.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by jagmeets
they'll hold on to your boarding pass when they handover the key.
What will that achieve in these days of mobile boarding passes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.