AA and CX

Old Jul 6, 13, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles
AA and CX

hi guyz. i want to book SMF-LAX-DEL . flight on cathay pacific flight. cathay allows 2 free bags but AA doesnt. my first leg of flight (SMF-LAX) is on AA. so which airlines baggage allowance be effective. i called AA they say as ticket is issued by cathay call them. then i called cathay they say we dont have any control on some bdy else baggage rules. its AA's call that they want to charge you or not..
any body have any inside info ??
Old Jul 6, 13, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL,
Hello OP,

I do not the exact term, but you are covered by the carrier's rule where you have the longest leg, i.e, LAX-DEL. If Cathay Pacific says you can have two free bags, then AA will (better) allow you to have two free bags.

That's my understanding.

David
Old Jul 6, 13, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

AA and CX

thanks david but who will know for sure ? i dont want any surprises at airport which can cause me upto $200..
Old Jul 6, 13, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
IATA resolution 302 with the US DOT exemption, means the baggage allowance for the entire booking (including any return journey on the same ticket) will be that of the Marketing carrier for the first journey's LAX-DEL leg.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...l#post18712046

Last edited by serfty; Jul 6, 13 at 11:27 pm
Old Jul 6, 13, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

AA and CX

thanks serfty. i booked my ticket today. will let u guys know what really happened..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: