Wiki Posts
Search

Any creative ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Any creative ideas?

I am London based and am looking at a RTW in Nov. I have tonnes of Avios Miles, consequently I can travel FOC to an interesting/cheap start point for a Business Class RTW. The sectors that that I need to fly: -

JFK CX YVR CX HKG CX MAA BA LON

Does anybody know where the cheapest point-of-origin is for a Business Class RTW incorporating the above destinations?

Any assistance would be really appreciated!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG PLT
If you're willing to inverse the order, starting with RJ 182 AMM-BKK-HKG should get you the AMM DONE4 pricing of ~$7300:

LHR-AMM (Avios)

AMM-BKK-HKG RJ
HKG-MAA CX
MAA-HKG-YVR CX
JFK-LHR AA/BA

Downside of course is the backtrack HKG-MAA.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks to me clansey1973 wants do a BA award, not a paid flight
Avios awards and paid DONE do not have the same conditions
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
No, I am wanting to pay for a RTW ticket. I am interested to see if a cheaper point of origin than London exists, as I can use my Avios to travel to start from another country........
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by clansey1973
I am London based and am looking at a RTW in Nov. I have tonnes of Avios Miles, consequently I can travel FOC to an interesting/cheap start point for a Business Class RTW. The sectors that that I need to fly: -

Does anybody know where the cheapest point-of-origin is for a Business Class RTW incorporating the above destinations?

Actually it is a DONE3, not DONE4. But that assumes you return to JFK. You must cross both the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans for a RTW.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by clansey1973

If you are willing/able to position yourself to JNB/CPT then that's the best place to start a DONEx itinerary. You can start with JNB-HKG (CX) and then onwards to NA , EU etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.