Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

AB AirBerlin do not offer benefits to OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald Loyal Customers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB AirBerlin do not offer benefits to OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald Loyal Customers.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Of course they can when it is their word!

Euro is their term, for their currency, so they can decide how it should be pluralised !

Your argument implies that Apple should not be allowed to call a product iPhone or iPad because it is grammatically incorrect to have a capital 'P' in the middle of a sentence!
what has this got to do with the OP ?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by mayodave
what has this got to do with the OP ?
It is a side discussion that has been going on since post 7:
"Euros", please, not "Euro".
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19243811-post7.html
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by SPBanker
English is the only official working language of the ECB.
:ro. Well thats the last hope for the euro, then, brave of air berlin or whatever it is they can, to operate in this environment
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Of course they can when it is their word!

Euro is their term, for their currency, so they can decide how it should be pluralised !

Your argument implies that Apple should not be allowed to call a product iPhone or iPad because it is grammatically incorrect to have a capital 'P' in the middle of a sentence!
A better analogy would be that as the Italians own Rome and Venice we should be obliged to call them Roma and Venezia. It's their country after all....

Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
In my case they have my checked luggage and never delivered it. Arrived TXL Sunday morning and filled out the lost bag form. Call every morning and all they can say is "we have no information on bags from the United States". It is now Tuesday. I leave Friday morning after speaking all four days at a conference. I'm down to doing laundry (fortunately the hotel has same day service) every day just to have clothes to wear when I am speaking. Very poor customer service IMHO.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:10 pm

Can someone enlighten me as to benefits on AB regarding seat reservation? Called and was told only regular seats free of charge, XL seats still needed to be paid for. This is for an Emerald member.

I recall people saying you were able to get them for free in the past, so not sure if the website is telling me b/s.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Can someone enlighten me as to benefits on AB regarding seat reservation? Called and was told only regular seats free of charge, XL seats still needed to be paid for. This is for an Emerald member.

I recall people saying you were able to get them for free in the past, so not sure if the website is telling me b/s.
The people in the AB forum will probably be better able to answer your question. Indeed it looks like you have posted there:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airbe...w-emerald.html

As far as oneworld benefits go, a oneworld elite is only entitled to preferred or prereserved seating "[i]n accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld member airline operating the flight." So it entirely depends upon what AB chooses to provide to oneworld elites.

That said, posts in this thread in the AB forum seem to say that AB grants oneworld emeralds the right to select the XL seats, but you have to call and it appears at times you have to ask for a supervisor.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:52 pm

Thanks Jerry. I did indeed ask over at the AB forum but since no one there answered I thought maybe someone here might now the answer. Will call again and give it another try.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Thanks Jerry. I did indeed ask over at the AB forum but since no one there answered I thought maybe someone here might now the answer. Will call again and give it another try.
I assume that a OWE would be subject to the conditions that apply to AB's own elites:
•A Priority Seating area is only offered in Economy Class. There is no automatic entitlement to this offer.
•Priority Seating is reserved for holders of a topbonus Platinum or Gold Card accompanied by an adult companion and children up to the age of 12.
•"Priority Seating" is only valid if it is booked together with a seat reservation made via airberlin.com, the topbonus Platinum or Gold Service or selected travel agents. When checking in, topbonus Platinum and Gold members can also select a seat in the Priority Seating area, provided there is sufficient capacity and availability.
•Priority Seating is only possible for the adult companion and children, if they are booked onto the same flight as the Platinum or Gold Card member, and the desired seats are all reserved together.
•Reserving a seat in the Priority Seating area is subject to a Priority Seating area and seat reservations being offered and available for the flight and the chosen fare category.
•Applicable only to flights operated by airberlin or NIKI in the FlyClassic and FlyFlex fare categories.
•On flights which are operated by airberlin and NIKI, but which are booked through a codeshare agreement with an airline partner under its own flight number, the benefits are only available to a limited extent.
•Available only to topbonus Gold and Platinum Card holders on bookings made in the FlyClassic and FlyFlex fare categories.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I assume that a OWE would be subject to the conditions that apply to AB's own elites:

•A Priority Seating area is only offered in Economy Class. There is no automatic entitlement to this offer.
•Priority Seating is reserved for holders of a topbonus Platinum or Gold Card accompanied by an adult companion and children up to the age of 12.
•"Priority Seating" is only valid if it is booked together with a seat reservation made via airberlin.com, the topbonus Platinum or Gold Service or selected travel agents. When checking in, topbonus Platinum and Gold members can also select a seat in the Priority Seating area, provided there is sufficient capacity and availability.
•Priority Seating is only possible for the adult companion and children, if they are booked onto the same flight as the Platinum or Gold Card member, and the desired seats are all reserved together.
•Reserving a seat in the Priority Seating area is subject to a Priority Seating area and seat reservations being offered and available for the flight and the chosen fare category.
•Applicable only to flights operated by airberlin or NIKI in the FlyClassic and FlyFlex fare categories.
•On flights which are operated by airberlin and NIKI, but which are booked through a codeshare agreement with an airline partner under its own flight number, the benefits are only available to a limited extent.
•Available only to topbonus Gold and Platinum Card holders on bookings made in the FlyClassic and FlyFlex fare categories.

Thanks for the update. I'm as much thrilled about AB's presence in OW as I was when MA came along. Trying to fly AB on four occasions, I have found better alternatives
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onobond
Thanks for the update. I'm as much thrilled about AB's presence in OW as I was when MA came along. Trying to fly AB on four occasions, I have found better alternatives
Sounds like the worst Partner on OW. Thankfully I'll have very little need to fly them..
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:14 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Sounds like the worst Partner on OW. Thankfully I'll have very little need to fly them..
I have no idea where this impression comes from. They are actually quite decent but are more organized as a LCC than a full service airline. But they are not bad at all.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I have no idea where this impression comes from. They are actually quite decent but are more organized as a LCC than a full service airline. But they are not bad at all.
I'm sure they are a fine airline, as are all OW Partners. It's just that their treatment/offerings for even their own Elites seems weaker than other OW airlines, and this snowballs down to Partner Elites..
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm sure they are a fine airline, as are all OW Partners. It's just that their treatment/offerings for even their own Elites seems weaker than other OW airlines, and this snowballs down to Partner Elites..
what is bad how they treat their own elites? 2pc luggage even for *S, 2pc hand luggage for *G, seat block for *G, waiting areas available even for *S. *S can easily be reached. 12month are rolling period and not fixed as with BA for example. 40% award and status(!) bonus for *G, 20-50% award bonus for *S... i would say they got best perks for their own Elites considering mostly short and middlehaul ops. For longhaul this can be discussed....
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No, it's not a correct assumption; only a very few stated elite perks are universal to the alliance (check-in, lounge access, and ... nothing else IIRC, not even augmented baggage allowance).

It's my pet peeve with oneworld, as they are not delivering the integration they promise: the smooth and worry-free experience and seamless travel experience of their brochure!

I think the golden rule should be "you shall treat other oneworld airline's elites* as you do your own", with just a few written exceptions. Any new programs, program changes, etc. that are not specifically excepted that an airline launches would by default apply to all oneworld elites.

*replace elite with tier levels for official-speak
Travel insurance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.