FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AB AirBerlin do not offer benefits to OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald Loyal Customers.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:30 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Can someone enlighten me as to benefits on AB regarding seat reservation? Called and was told only regular seats free of charge, XL seats still needed to be paid for. This is for an Emerald member.

I recall people saying you were able to get them for free in the past, so not sure if the website is telling me b/s.
The people in the AB forum will probably be better able to answer your question. Indeed it looks like you have posted there:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airbe...w-emerald.html

As far as oneworld benefits go, a oneworld elite is only entitled to preferred or prereserved seating "[i]n accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld member airline operating the flight." So it entirely depends upon what AB chooses to provide to oneworld elites.

That said, posts in this thread in the AB forum seem to say that AB grants oneworld emeralds the right to select the XL seats, but you have to call and it appears at times you have to ask for a supervisor.