Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Your question has been answered in post no. 553, two above this one.

With over 23,000 views (a lot for a Oneworld thread opened just a year ago) this thread gets plenty of traffic.

I'd recommend you review the FAQ threads in the various airline-specific forums to conclude which FFP works best for you.
Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I got frustrated because I've been looking for an answer to my question for a while.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:19 am

Forgive the simple questions, but I've tried to follow the links to online itinerary tools, but all the ones I tried seem dead (not surprising as the posts are years old).

I'd like to fly from Dallas and visit Seoul and Tokyo in one trip. The order of the two Asian legs in not important, but would like to do a 3-4 day stopover in Seoul and then a couple weeks in Japan.

We'd like to do this in Business or First, it is a 'splurge' trip for us and would like to be pampered, but a very nice business class would be fine as it seems this varies by airline and we fly coach exclusively. We have about 150k AA miles each.

Can I do this on one reward, or will I have to buy/redeem the Seoul-Tokyo separate?

And what is a recommended carrier for comfort level- if there is a business that does a good bang for buck vs first class I would consider saving miles, but we would like to have something much nicer than just wider seats. Or is there a first class that is not to be missed? Where do I start looking to see what dates/classes are available?

Thank you!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by coregis
Forgive the simple questions, but I've tried to follow the links to online itinerary tools, but all the ones I tried seem dead (not surprising as the posts are years old).

I'd like to fly from Dallas and visit Seoul and Tokyo in one trip. The order of the two Asian legs in not important, but would like to do a 3-4 day stopover in Seoul and then a couple weeks in Japan.

We'd like to do this in Business or First, it is a 'splurge' trip for us and would like to be pampered, but a very nice business class would be fine as it seems this varies by airline and we fly coach exclusively. We have about 150k AA miles each.

Can I do this on one reward, or will I have to buy/redeem the Seoul-Tokyo separate?

And what is a recommended carrier for comfort level- if there is a business that does a good bang for buck vs first class I would consider saving miles, but we would like to have something much nicer than just wider seats. Or is there a first class that is not to be missed? Where do I start looking to see what dates/classes are available?

Thank you!
Since your question is about using AA miles it is better to ask it in the AA forum as that is where the experts at using AA miles usually post. It appears that you may be considering an AA oneworld award, information about those awards can be found in the first post of the following thread and questions about those awards may be asked there:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-awards.html

You could also try to piece together several one way awards using the allpartner award chart, information can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...+partner+award
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:41 am

This may be a better place for at least my root question: which is less risky for a Jan 4/5 flight:

BOS-IAD-BOG-SCL (on Avianca with only 55 minutes to switch over in Bogota). The Avianca website offers it, but I found the route to be on time only 72% of the time.

or

BOS-YYZ-SCL on Air Canada (10% price premium, I was only scared that YYZ might have some joint-noreaster, midwest, lake-effect etc. snow risk)

(All found with momondo.)

Should I just delete this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post17540899

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: QF Gold
HKG lounge recommendation for new QF Platinum

Hi all,

it has taken a while but coming back from my next trip to Europe in January I'll be a new QF Platinum/OW Emerald member. I'll be flying a mix of AY/CX HAM-
HEL-HKG-BNE in business class and wanted to to hear your recommendations which 1st class lounge is the best in Hong Kong while in transit. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by pswissoz
Hi all,

it has taken a while but coming back from my next trip to Europe in January I'll be a new QF Platinum/OW Emerald member. I'll be flying a mix of AY/CX HAM-
HEL-HKG-BNE in business class and wanted to to hear your recommendations which 1st class lounge is the best in Hong Kong while in transit. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Most people would recommend the Wing. See this recent thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...ght=hkg+lounge
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:12 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by shazeltine
This may be a better place for at least my root question: which is less risky for a Jan 4/5 flight:

BOS-IAD-BOG-SCL (on Avianca with only 55 minutes to switch over in Bogota). The Avianca website offers it, but I found the route to be on time only 72% of the time.

or

BOS-YYZ-SCL on Air Canada (10% price premium, I was only scared that YYZ might have some joint-noreaster, midwest, lake-effect etc. snow risk)

(All found with momondo.)

Should I just delete this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post17540899

Thanks!
I'd leave it alone on TravelBuzz. This is the Oneworld forum, and none of the carriers mentioned are Oneworld members.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Hi all,

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Congratulations on your new status. If I were you I would use the opportunity to have a look at both of them so you know for the future which one you like. And while you are at it, also look at the QF lounge.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Congratulations on your new status. If I were you I would use the opportunity to have a look at both of them so you know for the future which one you like. And while you are at it, also look at the QF lounge.
Thanks guys for the advice. Had the same idea of doing a bit of lounge hopping in HKG.

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Thanks guys for the advice. Had the same idea of doing a bit of lounge hopping in HKG.

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Also check out their new "The Cabin" lounge, heard & read very good reports^
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb., SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Plat for life
BA lounge access for Sapphires?

I'm Oneworld Sapphire (AA Plat), and I'll be traveling from DFW to Europe in May on BA, using the 100,000 points I got with my Chase card! (Thanks, Flyertalk) Will I be able to get into the BA lounge at Heathrow during my layover?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by Virchow
I'm Oneworld Sapphire (AA Plat), and I'll be traveling from DFW to Europe in May on BA, using the 100,000 points I got with my Chase card! (Thanks, Flyertalk) Will I be able to get into the BA lounge at Heathrow during my layover?
Yes, you will have access to the BA Galleries Club lounge in T5. If your flight departs from T3 (very few destinations) then you have access to the BA Galleries Club lounge, the CX J lounge, and the Admirals Club.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb., SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Plat for life
Question Should have mentioned...

I should have mentioned that I'll be traveling in First on my award ticket to Heathrow, and maybe that will get me in the lounge door if the Sapphire One World status won't.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by Virchow
I should have mentioned that I'll be traveling in First on my award ticket to Heathrow, and maybe that will get me in the lounge door if the Sapphire One World status won't.
If you are traveling in BA First DFW-LHR connecting to intra-Europe J you will have access to the Concorde Room, which is significantly better than Galleries Club and also better than Galleries First. You can call You First a week or so before your flight and book your free massage or facial at the Elemis travel spa.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: Northwest, Delta, American, Continental, US Air
Seats and Discounted One World Tickets

I am traveling to/from Madrid with children on cheaper tickets booked on the AA website. (don't know the fare basis) For The segments on BA and IB, I am unable to get seats assigned. I am told that seats will only be assigned at the airport of the flight on the day of travel I was very surprised as I don't fly the One World airlines much. Any suggestion? There will be four children that will not like long flights away from parents or others they know. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.