Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Which is better AA F or BA F.

Which is better AA F or BA F.

Old May 24, 2010, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Wink Which is better AA F or BA F.

Hi all,

Can anyone give me some feedback on F flights from JFK to LHR. Have never travelled this route before. Is BA better than AA in terms of seating. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old May 24, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jet30d
Hi all,

Can anyone give me some feedback on F flights from JFK to LHR. Have never travelled this route before. Is BA better than AA in terms of seating. Thanks for your thoughts.
Having done both, IMHO the AA seat is better than BA, the food fairly equal (neither that great), service more polised on BA, and booze infinitely better on BA.
Old May 24, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Seems to me the AA service is getting better and the food is about equal, but booze is better on BA. If you like scotch AA does have Glenlivet,although they rarely cater enough of it (there's actually a thread about this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...glenlivet.html

Because of the seats, as Travelguy states, I'd tend to opt for AA, but it is a close call.
Old May 24, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
AA.

I flew BA for the first time a couple months back, LHR-DXB with new F suites going down and old F coming back. New F suites looked prettier than AA, but came up lacking (Window seat) as sleeping position was very restrictive in the leg area. If you are under 6 ' this may be less of an issue. The way the LCD TV closes, the one for the seat behind you closes into the wall area right next to your head, so it is very loud when the person behind you stows their TV. FWIW, the 2 middle F seats had much more leg room in the sleep position.
Old May 24, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Really? This is odd. Post anywhere else and you'll get an almost unequivocal response in favor of BA. I don't think it's even close.
Old May 24, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I would actually agree that the AA seats are better than the "old" BA seats, however not so much so that it would actually be worth dealing with the rest of AA's product offering (food, service, etc.).

With the possibility of getting the new BA seat, hands down the answer is BA. It is no question, unless you are more concerned with mileage earning, in which case you'll have to fly AA if you are trying to earn AA miles and vice versa.
Old May 24, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
On a short sector like JFK - LHR, travelling in F is hardly worthwhile/necessary....hence the debate. [Keep in mind that JFK - LHR is often less travel time than JFK - LAX.] IME, travelling in J upstairs on the BA 744 is sufficient, and generally a much better value proposition. Back to your question, imho, the current AA seat is superior to the current BA seat....but the lounge situation at LHR T5 gives the nod to BA.
Old May 24, 2010, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
but the lounge situation at LHR T5 gives the nod to BA.
both AA and ba have arrivals lounges and wouldnt really say that the BA one is so good as to make much difference. The departure lounges at T5 are not available for a JFK-LHR flight
Old May 24, 2010, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Really? This is odd. Post anywhere else and you'll get an almost unequivocal response in favor of BA. I don't think it's even close.
The AA seat is better than tha BA one imo too. Have you tried both?
Old May 25, 2010, 12:44 am

The AA seat is roomier than the BA seat. I personally still prefer BA.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:59 am

AA F has a great suite.. however in BA i really prefer the lie flat seat.. Today I am flying AA to LAX from LHR BUT am spending all my time in the T3 BA lounge which is INFINITELY BETTER THAN THE NEW AA FLAGSHIP LOUNGE AT LHR..
Old May 27, 2010, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks to you all. Just booked BA F. We will be in London for 6 hours before our next flight to Cairo on BA F. Can we use any of the F lounges before our connecting flight?
Old May 27, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by jet30d
Thanks to you all. Just booked BA F. We will be in London for 6 hours before our next flight to Cairo on BA F. Can we use any of the F lounges before our connecting flight?
Yes you will be entitled to use the Concorde Room at T5 (the swishest of the lounges - don't be confused by Galleries First, though you can use that too) on presentation of your previous boarding pass. You could also use the First area of the arrivals lounge FWIW.
Old May 27, 2010, 8:38 pm

another vote for BA because their excellent booze!
but their first class seats need to be replaced...
(but probably won't happen anytime soon )
Old May 28, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by caviarwire
but their first class seats need to be replaced...
(but probably won't happen anytime soon )
They are currently in the process of a refit and some new cabins are already in service. But it will take many months before the whole fleet is done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.