Which is better AA F or BA F.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is better AA F or BA F.

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2010, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
They are currently in the process of a refit and some new cabins are already in service. But it will take many months before the whole fleet is done.
I was referring to the "new" ones.....

(but to be fair, I was comparing it
to the real suites on SQ)
Old May 28, 2010, 6:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by jet30d
Thanks to you all. Just booked BA F. We will be in London for 6 hours before our next flight to Cairo on BA F. Can we use any of the F lounges before our connecting flight?
And that in and of itself is a compelling reason to fly BA. You can eat in their restaurant in the Concorde Room, you can get a free treatment in the spa, and in generally you have significantly superior facilities in which to spend those hours.
Old May 28, 2010, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Really? This is odd. Post anywhere else and you'll get an almost unequivocal response in favor of BA. I don't think it's even close.
Some people are always going to prefer BA for whatever reason. Other people are probably anti-American and not just anti-American Airlines. As an ex-flag carrier BA's brand is tied to national pride for some and I can understand that completely.

They are both pretty close in long haul F these days. I prefer the AA F seat to either the old or the new BA seat. Yes, I fly both often in F. I have a large sample size as they say. The AA seat is getting worn but its not as bad as some AA haters complain about.

The FA's on AA in F are now, on average, better than BA. They really are. Didn't use to be true but times change. BA is not the airline that people remember.

I just flew MAD-DFW on AA in F today. The FA's we great. As good as the CX FA's used to be 10 years ago. My entrée was the single best meal I've had on a plane in the last 5 years. Nothing that good on BA recently for sure and certainly better that the food on the LHR-SYD flights I took 15 days ago. Yuck. The wine is better on BA but if I'm going to fly an airline for the wine it would be QF. The wine on AA is acceptable but not special. I like the 20 year old tawny that AA often has though. Several glasses of it today...

Some readers will never accept this assessment and that's fine. You have a choice in air travel for a reason.
Old May 28, 2010, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
surprised that there seems to be some in favor of AA.
Old May 28, 2010, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UA Fan
surprised that there seems to be some in favor of AA.
Have you tried both? Neither are particularly remarkable 1st class products

Dave
Old May 29, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
I've been in both (though BA significantly more often - exactly because my memory is that BA F is much better so I choose it whenever possible). I think the AA 777 is marginally better (and I'm a sucker for a better seat, so I think I'd remember if AA were much better), but otherwise BA wins in all categories. No?
Old May 29, 2010, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Have you tried both? Neither are particularly remarkable 1st class products

Dave
Personally I find all air travel unremarkable nowadays and the closer to the nose I get the more unremarkable it becomes.

I would fly with whoever is the cheapest and has the best schedule to suit.....the route is so short it's hardly worth bothering about which one of the two is better. I'm sure they are both capable of delivering great and crap service.
Old May 29, 2010, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by stevenshev
but otherwise BA wins in all categories. No?
No.
Old May 29, 2010, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm sure they are both capable of delivering great and crap service.
Very true statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.