Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens to JAL flights on xONEx?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Question What happens to JAL flights on xONEx?

I'm starting a DONE3 this month, with plans to finish through Asia next fall. I have 4 JAL flights, all open. Any speculation or knowledge what will happen if JAL defects OW? The four flights, if it matters, are DEL-NRT-DSP-NRT-LHR. BA flies the last segment, the others are codeshares for JL. I start in WAW this month--Poland was one of the less expensive places to start, now one of the more expensive. I bought the ticket during the 10% sale, issued by AA, and have an award ticket to Poland to start the trip. I can see having a re-issue with several thousand dollars added to the cost, not to mention a significant loss of mileage accrual (with current itin around 54K). This must impact many of us in the same (capsizing) boat. I'm stymied--cancel the whole thing, try to jam in the trip before they're "officially" gone, wait and see?

I realize it's not a done deal, but it sounds like, reading today's post on the JAL leaving OW thread, that JAL has made the decision to abscond, regulatory hoopla permitting.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:29 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by skipaway
I'm starting a DONE3 this month, with plans to finish through Asia next fall. I have 4 JAL flights, all open. Any speculation or knowledge what will happen if JAL defects OW? The four flights, if it matters, are DEL-NRT-DSP-NRT-LHR. BA flies the last segment, the others are codeshares for JL. I start in WAW this month--Poland was one of the less expensive places to start, now one of the more expensive. I bought the ticket during the 10% sale, issued by AA, and have an award ticket to Poland to start the trip. I can see having a re-issue with several thousand dollars added to the cost, not to mention a significant loss of mileage accrual (with current itin around 54K). This must impact many of us in the same (capsizing) boat. I'm stymied--cancel the whole thing, try to jam in the trip before they're "officially" gone, wait and see?

I realize it's not a done deal, but it sounds like, reading today's post on the JAL leaving OW thread, that JAL has made the decision to abscond, regulatory hoopla permitting.
If the past is any indication, if and when JL leaves OW the transition will take quite some time - up to a couple of years.

In the past when e.g. Aer Lingus left Oneworld, RTW tickets issued while they were still members were honored by EI throughout the life of the ticket, and all the rules applied as if they hadn't left OW. I fully expect the same would apply to JAL.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 3:45 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I wouldn't worry about issued ticket on JAL codeshares not being honored. But I will worry about JAL suspending your routes
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Originally Posted by JALPak
I wouldn't worry about issued ticket on JAL codeshares not being honored. But I will worry about JAL suspending your routes
And, if route survives, what aircraft will I be using my D ticket on? The dreaded Embraer?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:38 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by skipaway
And, if route survives, what aircraft will I be using my D ticket on? The dreaded Embraer?
You will be lucky if you don't have to fly on the Bombardier

Your flights will probably a combinations of 777's (LHR, DEL) and 767's (DPS).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.