Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN Lounge Choices

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

BCN Lounge Choices

Has anyone seen the new lounges at BCN Terminal 1? The oneworld website lists 4 of them available to fliers. I'll be doing BCN-JFK on the 24th and was trying to decipher which lounge to go visit as an Emerald passenger. Anyone know which is the best?

AENA Miro Lounge*
Location details: Terminal 1, walk 50 metres after passport control, one floor down
Opening hours: Daily 06:00 -22:30
Operated by a third party on behalf of: Royal Jordanian, Iberia

AENA Sala Dali Lounge*
Location details: Terminal 1
Opening hours: Till last departure
Operated by a third party on behalf of: American Airlines

AENA Colomer Lounge*
Location details: Terminal 1, after security, turn left till the end of the corridor
Opening hours: Daily 06:00-23:00
Operated by a third party on behalf of: Iberia

AENA Pau Casals*
Location details: Terminal 1, after security, one floor down, turn right
Opening hours: Daily 06:00-23:00
Operated by a third party on behalf of: Iberia

* At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld member airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third party lounges.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
I was just there last month, and it seemed you don't really have a choice for lounges if you're leaving the Schengen Zone. My BA flight was out of the E gates (and FlightStats shows the AA flight there too), so I went to the Miro lounge, just after passport control. (Though it's a little perplexing that it says the Dali lounge - "operated on behalf of AA" - is not after passport control.)

In any case, the lounges there are operated by the airport itself, so it seems they'll all accept the same people into whichever lounge is in your departure zone. Since the place is brand spanking new, the woman at the desk didn't know how to admit someone to the club, so she had a big binder full of all the airlines' FF and lounge member cards (*A, OW, and ST).

As for the lounge I was in, there were a couple of computers for general use, and WiFi as well. The food selection was decent considering I was there at 6 am, and it looked like there was room for more food during meal times. I found the beverage selection to be quite nice - tons of little sodas and juices and waters plus a nicely stocked bar and wine selection (including cava). There were magazines and newspapers available, but only for in-lounge use. The furnishings were rather monochromatic, but there's a nice wrap-around glass wall that looks out onto the main hall of T1 and its included shopping mall.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by Doghound
Has anyone seen the new lounges at BCN Terminal 1? The oneworld website lists 4 of them available to fliers. AENA Sala Dali Lounge* Location details: Terminal 1 Opening hours: Till last departure Operated by a third party on behalf of: American Airlines[/SIZE]
I was in the Dali lounge a few months back. Curiously (perhaps becuase it coincided with a five hour flight delay on BCN-JFK and a resultant cascade of missed connections) I remember little about it. Chairs... not very comfortable; beverages... nothing really interesting; snacks... nothing memorable. Hope the other options are better. AA directed us to Dali lounge and I was not aware others available.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
BCN lounge

I think this is the Dali lounge, I was there in early November, and that was the lounge AA told me was available... nothing to write home about...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12759660-post1108.html

Barcelona Airport Pics
I think these are some of the first pics of the new Terminal 1 lounge at BCN on FT, so here is a mini trip report...

* Food and drinks: some pastries, two coffee machines, plenty of Melon, Pear and Pineapple bottled juices but the only orange juice they had was non-bottled and was probably Tang...
* They also had a few showers
* No Free Wifi, didn't ask the price but I saw they had a few Sony PCs to surf the web
* Smoking Room is still available as is a separate mini quiet zone

Terminal 1 at BCN
Breakfast at the Lounge
Beverages at the Lounge
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Any updates on BCN lounge access?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.