Search

SYD Kingsford Smith Airport's $500m Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2007, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
SYD Kingsford Smith Airport's $500m Upgrade

This afternoon's announcement will cater for A380-size aircraft and the increased (MAP hopes) number of pax per flight.

Pundits in the news bulletins estimate if airlines pass on the full costs, to expect a $20 fare increase SYD-LHR for the privelege.

Sydney airport to get $500 million upgrade (SMH October 16)

...Two aerobridges will be dismantled to make way for more frequent arrivals of larger aircraft such as the new Airbus A380, and work has begun on the construction of a centralised baggage handling system and expanded taxiways.

The 7300 square metre expansion of the International Terminal is expected to be completed by 2009.

A key feature will be a large food court and shopping centre-style forum with nine fast-food outlets and an extra 26 shops, up from the existing 17.

Sydney Airport CEO, Russell Balding, said three-quarters of the work was "aeronautical related".
Which airlines, in the current market, be so audacious to slug another fare increase or levy onto SYD prices?

I'm expecting a fuel levy increase or two, but this would be a little insulting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.