Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Capitol Square Hotel (Sydney) That Bad?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Is Capitol Square Hotel (Sydney) That Bad?

Hi everyone.

I am asking this question for a friend who is going to Sydney for a brief training program. The organisation has booked him a room at Sydney's Capitol Square Hotel.

Although I am a regular to Sydney myself (probably spend an average of 5-10 days in Sydney per month), but never ever stayed at that hotel as I often opt Holiday Inn Darling Harbour or one of the other hotels that the company I work for has contracted rates available.

My friend has read some online reviews about Capitol Square Hotel, and he is now worried due to the number of "negative reviews" he has seen. I am just wondering if anyone can share a bit info on what it's really like with that hotel? Is it really bad when compared to other 3-star hotels in Sydney?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
My cousin and her husband stayed there for a couple of nights. It was so bad that they ended up changing accomodation.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bensyd
My cousin and her husband stayed there for a couple of nights. It was so bad that they ended up changing accomodation.
Thanks bensyd.

My friend did stay at the hotel in the end. He said the room was very small compared to other 3-star hotels in Sydney, but was clean and tidy. Some facilities were certainly showing their age.

He didn't try the on-site breakfast at the hotel, so no idea about the quality of food, but the location was very handy with Starbucks, food outlets and convenience store located within a few steps etc.

However, one thing he found unusual was the fact that the house-keeping staff always seem to start room make-ups around or after lunch time, sometimes even towards early afternoon. Most other hotels seem to get this done in the morning.

Regards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.