Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What should I do in Sydney in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:29 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Weather forecasts change several times a day in Oz, also there is a lot of micro-climate (weather at airport can be substantially different from CBD for; example). Both Sydney and Melbourne are at the edges of climate systems, so a small deviation changes their weather substantially -- quite different from southern california where forecasts are reliable. The plus side is bad weather rarely lasts long, you will get some good days in a week's visit most of the time. The ferry to Manly is great, esp. in a storm
secondsoprano and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:50 pm

The ferry to Manly is great, esp. in a storm

This, absolutely.

Also number_6 is correct about the microclimates. If it is raining on the coast do not assume it is raining in the Blue Mountains (and vice versa).
moa999 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
When I was in Sydney in 2016 it rained my whole first day. So I did the Art Museum of New South Wales (absolutely excellent), the Hyde Park Barracks (prison museum), the Anzac Memorial and then I just put up with the rain and walked around. It's still a pleasant city in the rain.
secondsoprano likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by CMK10
When I was in Sydney in 2016 it rained my whole first day. So I did the Art Museum of New South Wales (absolutely excellent), the Hyde Park Barracks (prison museum), the Anzac Memorial and then I just put up with the rain and walked around. It's still a pleasant city in the rain.
I like the Hyde Park Barracks and the Anzac Memorial. Have a beer in some of the old pubs in the Rocks such as The Orient, Harbour View Hotel or the Mercantile Hotel.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Sydney is blooming beautiful today.
moa999 and secondsoprano like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:11 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
Sydney is blooming beautiful today.
Best city in the world on days like that, but they seem to become fewer each year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.