Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-Tahiti-AKL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: star alliance one world
LAX-Tahiti-AKL

I wish to go to on this route travelling business and breaking down the journey with a week in Tahiti. I need the cheapest price for the seat. I have 100,000 miles on United if that helps. Can you please advise me as to how to go about this and where to start? I will be in NZ for 6 weeks. Thanks all.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belfastgt
I wish to go to on this route travelling business and breaking down the journey with a week in Tahiti. I need the cheapest price for the seat. I have 100,000 miles on United if that helps. Can you please advise me as to how to go about this and where to start? I will be in NZ for 6 weeks. Thanks all.
With 100,000 UA miles start by looking at what airlines fly LAX-PPT. Or LAX-xxx-PPT
UA start a non stop service soon ^
Then which airline are UA ff partners.
Air NZ is know to be poor for offering award seats to partners.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fa%27a...tional_Airport
Can be a hard destination to get on a business class award

For earning to UA ffp:--https://www.wheretocredit.com/united-airlines/j

For information TN is an AA ff partner
TN-----> AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions (master thread)
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I'd consider the Cook Islands instead. NZ can do the whole route (LAX-RAR-AKL-LAX). Same latitude and climate, great "island nights" and about half the price. Rarotonga is the high island comparable to Tahiti and Aitutaki is often compared to Bora-Bora.

I went to Tahiti and Moorea for a week on an NZ award out of PER, of all places (25K then for PER-AKL (stop)-PPT and back). Beautiful place but easily the most expensive I've ever been and makes Tokyo look cheap. The Cooks have better dancers and island nights where I could get the buffet rather than hanging out at the bar. Ootu Beach and One Foot Island are also great spots (on Aitutaki). There are fewer visitors to the Cooks because the marketing isn't as extensive and NZ has largely had the service to itself, at least from the U.S. I consider the lower visitor numbers a feature rather than a bug.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Your choices are pretty much TN as they are the only airline that flys LAX PPT AKL
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by adampenrith
Your choices are pretty much TN as they are the only airline that flys LAX PPT AKL
When using miles as the OP wanted to, there isn't much limit to the possibilities (but the award seats are another matter!)

Just a note that this post was 10 months ago so most likely the OP has sorted it out.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Yes of course - however someone else reading this post may benefit from my suggestion - if they don't - i guess they know how to scroll past .... which is so relevant in the social media age as my Old Mum saying if you don't have something nice to say - don't say anything ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.