Wiki Posts
Search

Airport info BRISBANE (BNE) - amenities, transfers, transport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:02 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by frappant
What are the lounge options for departing on a AC business class ticket? Also Star Alliance Gold.

I see older reviews of Air New Zealand and Singapore lounges in the International terminal.

One from last year is that the NZ lounge opened up but only for people flying in the Oceanic bubble at the time -- New Zealand and Australia but not elsewhere. Singapore lounge was closed at that time.

Have both re-opened for all Star Alliance business-class ticket holders or for Star Alliance Gold?

Any opinions on either?

My flight is 10:45 departure. Air Canada says be at the airport 4 hours before departure. Well I may be able to make that but it will probably be more like 3-3.5 hours for me.

So a couple of hours to wait after checking in.

Maybe food differences wouldn't be that great early in the morning?
NZ lounge will be open and accessible at that time. Australia/NZ travel bubble was last year. I assume sq lounge will also be open but depends on their flight schedule.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
NZ lounge will be open and accessible at that time. Australia/NZ travel bubble was last year. I assume sq lounge will also be open but depends on their flight schedule.
Yeah I went to the NZ lounge. Seemed good for food choices so I didn't try to also go to SQ, even though I had almost 2 hours.

The check in agent mentioned the NZ, asked about SQ, she said there is SQ too.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 10:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
There are now four places to use Priority Pass ($36AUD credit). Common opens earliest (at 5am).
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:00 am

Connection in Brisbane Question

Looking at flying Out of Sydney on Virgin Australia with connection in Brisbane switching to United Airlines. Question, it shows 1 with a 2 hr layover and 1 with 3 hr, it also shows changing terminals. How much time is needed and would the 2hr work? Not sure if needing to go through customs/Passport control/security all over.

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lgh34609
Looking at flying Out of Sydney on Virgin Australia with connection in Brisbane switching to United Airlines. Question, it shows 1 with a 2 hr layover and 1 with 3 hr, it also shows changing terminals. How much time is needed and would the 2hr work? Not sure if needing to go through customs/Passport control/security all over.
Both flights on 1 ticket/PNR?
If yes any checked bags will be interlined by VA..
If 1 ticket the airlines take the connection risk, as they have determined the minimum connection time. But to be 100% safe personally I would take the 3hr.
Is a free bus between the 2 terminals.
You will need to process security & emigration at BNE international terminal. Customs are only on international arrivals.

https://www.bne.com.au/
https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/to-and-from
Old Feb 3, 2024, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Lgh34609
Looking at flying Out of Sydney on Virgin Australia with connection in Brisbane switching to United Airlines.
I was on UA97 about a month ago. I wasn't connecting, but was checked in and didn't have bags to check which means I skipped the check-in counter - just like you'll be able to do as VA will give you your boarding pass and any checked bags will be handled by the airline (presuming a single ticket as Mwenenzi said).

Total time from walking into the international terminal to being through security/immigration was less than 10 minutes. If you're unable to use the smartgates at immigration you'll need to a bit more to that (check here if you're not aware).

Transfer between the terminals requires catching a free bus and will take maybe 10-20 minutes depending on how long you have to wait for the next one - but they are pretty frequent at that time of day.

UA will start boarding 50 minutes before the stated departure time, and finish 10-15 minutes before.

So put all of that together and 2 hours is plenty as long as your inbound isn't delayed or you don't have any mobility/etc issues. If you want to be safe, 3 hours will handle any possible delays. And don't forget that if this is before April 7th then there's an hour time difference between Sydney and Brisbane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.