Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting at PPT to Bora Bora

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Connecting at PPT to Bora Bora

I am arriving from the USA on an Air Tahiti Nui flight from LAX to PPT in November. My flight arrives at PPT at 6AM (it was earlier but AA changed the flight). I have an inter-island connecting flight on Air Tahiti. This flight leaves PPT for BOB at 7:30AM.

I'm concerned that I will not have enough time to clear customs, collect my baggage, check in for the Air Tahiti flight, and get through security. How much time do you recommend? What is the cutoff check in time for an Air Tahiti flight with baggage to check? If I miss the Air Tahiti flight is there a large fee for taking the next one at (leaves at 10:50AM)?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:37 am

We were there in late June on the ATN flight that was supposed to land at 5:00 am but it got in at about 4:30. We were first off the plane in business and were out of immigration and customs by 5:00. We were waiting at the airport until 6:00 to take a taxi to the ferry. I did see the Air Tahiti domestic line start to get very long but it looked like they made sure everyone got on their flight.

If you are in business I would not have a lot of worries as you can get through customs and immigration quickly. Coach is questionable but you really can't do anything about it anyway.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA1K
You will have plenty of time to clear and get to your Air Tahiti flight. If you are in business class, you will exit the plane sooner than the rest, and will be near the front of the line at immigration. Try to get a seat as close as you can to the front aircraft door if you are in Y. Once off the plane and on the tarmac, walk as fast as you can to the immigration windows. Be aware that there are several lines for non-French Polynesia residents to the right side of the where you enter the terminal so be a little aggressive and seek out the shortest line to those several immigration windows. This is easier to do if you get in line before it starts to get crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.