Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Oceania (Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific) > Oceania (Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific)
Reload this Page >

Arriving at Great Ocean Road on Christmas - Do I need to pack some meals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving at Great Ocean Road on Christmas - Do I need to pack some meals?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marco Polo Club Green , HH Blue, Marriott Plat
Question Arriving at Great Ocean Road on Christmas - Do I need to pack some meals?

I am meeting up with my family at MEL on December 25. We are staying Dec. 25 at Lorne, and Dec. 26 at Port Campbell.

December 25 & 26 are National Holidays in Australia.

Should I expect to find restaurants open in Geelong or Lorne on the 25th. Should I expect to find restuarants open at Lorne or Port Campbell on the 26th?

EW
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
We were in Australia/NZ a few years ago and found that many restaurants are open in tourist areas. If you have some in mind you may want to contact them first to inquire about prices and availability. Some of the fancier places require reservations or have special menus and seating times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.