Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

can I book a ticket for someone who hasn't been born?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can I book a ticket for someone who hasn't been born?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
How about stick with the name on booking, and change the name after the trip?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by adamak
How about stick with the name on booking, and change the name after the trip?
I'd presume it would have to match the birth certificate.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sbagdon
I'd presume it would have to match the birth certificate.
I think that's what he means. There are two costs to this: one, the financial cost of a legal name change and two, the psychological cost to the child of being called one thing for 10 months then something different after that.

On the other hand... what happens to a travel reservation made under a name, when the name is legally changed to something else before travel? Surely NW would be obligated to update the reservation without charge? I'm thinking of all the people out there who change their names following a divorce or separation, etc. This isn't an enitrely unusual situation.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by psychtobe
I think that's what he means. There are two costs to this: one, the financial cost of a legal name change and two, the psychological cost to the child of being called one thing for 10 months then something different after that.

On the other hand... what happens to a travel reservation made under a name, when the name is legally changed to something else before travel? Surely NW would be obligated to update the reservation without charge? I'm thinking of all the people out there who change their names following a divorce or separation, etc. This isn't an enitrely unusual situation.
The name is left as booked and you bring your legal documents such as divorce papers or marriage certs along with ID or Passport to support the name mismatch...All that is req'd is legal proof of ID and divorce papers are legal for that purpose...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.