Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NWA owns northwest?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

NWA owns northwest?

Northwest Airlines suing gonorthwest.com.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/archives/175612.asp

"...Northwest Airlines, the major airline that has been acquired by Delta, charges that it has exclusive ownership of the term "northwest." The Minnesota-based airline is going after the operator of the Web site gonorthwest.com, which provides tourist information for visitors to the Pacific Northwest.

Although Delta Airlines has purchased Northwest and is slowly eliminating the NWA branding, the issue has only escalated. High's attorney speculated that the Northwest Airlines attorneys have gone "rogue" in look for work in the down economy."

Last edited by jdw715; Aug 6, 2009 at 6:34 pm Reason: URL
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Not all attorneys have elevators that run up to the top floor. I'd expect a high profile firm like Dorsey & Whitney to expect their staff to show at least some semblance of intelligence.

So if a guy wants to run a web site that provides tourist info for the Northwestern U.S., is he supposed to name the site http://gotheregionleftofcentralandontopofsouth.com?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Smile

So if some one really wanted to get their goat you could register the website gopacificdelta.com and fill it with content about Oregon, Washington and Idaho???
Old Aug 7, 2009, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I wonder who holds the marks of "North" or "West"; if the legal firm wants to make this interesting ...
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:52 am
Original Poster

TV Report"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....bba6fb53.html
Old Aug 8, 2009, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
What nonsense, not to mention a waste of time and unnecessary legal fees.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by yogimax
...unnecessary legal fees.
Hey - times are tough & copyright/trademark lawyers gotta eat too !
You havn't heard from the descendents of Hanna-Barbera yet ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.