Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Online Award Ticket Redemption Errors...paying fees to book on phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, 9W Silver, UA, HHonors

In the past couple months, I've booked two award award tickets that I attempted to book online, the first I tried several days to get booked, and the website kept saying there was an error with their online system and to have me call the WP line to book my ticket.

When I called the phone line to book it, I then get charged an additional $20 for having to talk to an agent to book the ticket, which I contested and the woman said that I should book it online if I want to avoid the fee. However...Since it is their technical error, I shouldn't need to pay the extra fee in my mind, and again last night when I needed to book the ticket and the website again gave me a similar message, I then needed to call the phone system to book it again.

Am I being unreasonable in believing that they should waive the $20 additional 'Phone booking' fee? Have others had this similar problem? It just seems fishy that its happened twice in a row now, are they trying to generate more revenue?
Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:28 pm

I have not booked through northwest but when this issue comes up on delta, be it booking an award ticket or a revenue ticket, if the website is screwing up and you have to call, the agent will transfer you to the technical support desk to book your ticket and waive the fee. The regular nor elite agents can waive the fee, only technical support can.

In my opinion, this should be waived in your case but maybe northwest does not have the same "technical support" avenue available.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Originally Posted by skierpony
In the past couple months, I've booked two award award tickets that I attempted to book online, the first I tried several days to get booked, and the website kept saying there was an error with their online system and to have me call the WP line to book my ticket.

When I called the phone line to book it, I then get charged an additional $20 for having to talk to an agent to book the ticket, which I contested and the woman said that I should book it online if I want to avoid the fee. However...Since it is their technical error, I shouldn't need to pay the extra fee in my mind, and again last night when I needed to book the ticket and the website again gave me a similar message, I then needed to call the phone system to book it again.

Am I being unreasonable in believing that they should waive the $20 additional 'Phone booking' fee? Have others had this similar problem? It just seems fishy that its happened twice in a row now, are they trying to generate more revenue?

more complext trips involving mutltiple carriers will give you error at the last step, such as KE one way, CZ one way, etc. you can only call to book those. There are other things that will cause system to give errors. It is just too complex for the system to handle automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.