Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

baggage for award ticket in AS, booked via NW?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 5:47 am
formerly jasperjugan
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member

i can't seem to find information anymore. please direct me to an existing thread if there is as i tried the search and can't seem to find using a few keywords.

i am looking for information about baggage fees on award ticket, but on a partner airline metal, specifically Alaska. looking at the website of AS, they charge fees for regular travellers. i'm not sure if NW elite status is recognized in AS and will waive baggage fees. also, i didn't see any distinction for international flight (US-Canada) if they have free baggage allowance like NW.

thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2009, 7:01 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
There are several threads about baggage on other airlines but I don't have the time to search.

You are subject to the limits of the operating carrier of your first flight. It is that simple. I fly a combination of AS/NW a lot. If my first flight is with NW, my NW status is recognized and my baggage allowance is NW's. On the return from Alaska, if my first flight is with AS, they don't recognize my NW status and I pay AS fees. Note that AS is going to start a first-bag fee soon too, with a guarantee that the bag is on the carousel within 25 minutes of landing. At least that is what I heard. Will be interesting in ANC where it sometimes takes much longer than that on a regular basis.

And as I mentioned over on TA, you really should consider ANC not FAI as your destination
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: lots of little things
When it comes to baggage, if you're not an AS MVP you will be charged for bags in US/CA/MX (except MEX and GDL). The first bag charge has started as of 7/7.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:06 am
formerly jasperjugan
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
thank you for the information guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.