Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades on Aeromexico flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Upgrades on Aeromexico flights

Would and NW platinum elite be eligible for a complementary upgrade? I could not find this information on Skyteam, NW or Aeromexico web pages. The information on the Skyteam page suggested you could use mile to upgrade for a Y fare ticket.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Yes, you can use your NW miles to upgrade on full Y ticket on AM. No complimentary upgrades and no upgrades from other fares using miles are allowed for NW WP members (as well as for DL members also).
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: New PM, Priority Plat
Does anyone know what miles you earn on AeroMexico? Do GE get the 100% mileage bonus? I would love to find out, as I can get a non-stop AM flight from YYZ-MEX for less than a two legger on NW or DL.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
100% bonus for Golds should be there.

I wonder if DL will continue their relationship with AM as is post-merger - one of the perks for DL Medallions is complimentary EUAs on Aeromexico metal.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:14 pm

I would check the NW partner chart carefully about fares on AM eligible for miles and EQMs. I notice a lot of the cheaper fares are not listed as eligible.
As a NW Plat Elite the only benefit I got was being able to ask for an aisle seat near the front of the coach cabin on a cheap fare.
When I returned to SFO from MEX the last time it seemed to me that F was full of non-revs and friends of the flight attendants. In fact, all the flight attendants disappeared in F for the rest of the flight after they served Y.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Access to AM Club in Mexico City

With WC card?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by remedy
With WC card?
You're a NW Plat so you get SkyTeam lounge access on an international itinerary.

If you are talking about for domestic AM flights then your NW WC club should work. Look at this: https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

-RM
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
You're a NW Plat so you get SkyTeam lounge access on an international itinerary.

If you are talking about for domestic AM flights then your NW WC club should work. Look at this: https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

-RM
Thanks. And, right in front of duty free...

Old Jun 24, 2009, 1:15 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I used my WC membership for the AM international lounge and got in with my 2 guests without any problems twice last year. Nice lounge that is open air (a little loud since they were doing some construction elsewhere in the airport), lots of snacks and decent beverage selection. Also free computers with internet.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mersk862
100% bonus for Golds should be there.

I wonder if DL will continue their relationship with AM as is post-merger - one of the perks for DL Medallions is complimentary EUAs on Aeromexico metal.
I, too, thought DL Medallions get free upgrades on AM flights...is this not the case for those on NW ticket stock? Im on a EMB-175...do those aircraft even have a premium cabin?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

I hate these bait and switch "partnerships" Opted instead to take a non-stop direct from PHX - MEX on US Airways. This is a continuation of my decrease in "loyalty" and chosing convenience over "benefits." On a positive note, I as a "platinum elite plus" flyer and WC member, I hope to use the lounge @ MEX.

The reality check - there are NO non-elite seats left to chose for my flight. Even the middle seat in the last row that was the only seat left a few days ago is gone. Maybe I will get lucky at the gate and get an exit row seat, five of which are still open.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: New PM, Priority Plat
Thought I would chime in since this thread got bumped back up.
I have been flying the non-stop yyz-mex and have been getting upgrades from the folks at the counter at yyz.
However, when I try to get an upgrade mex-yyz, everyone there says that this is not possible. I tell them that they give me upgrades at yyz, but it does not work. My last trip down here, I was the only one in F!!!
Well at least I get an upgrade one way.........
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lockforward
I have been flying the non-stop yyz-mex and have been getting upgrades from the folks at the counter at yyz.
However, when I try to get an upgrade mex-yyz, everyone there says that this is not possible. I tell them that they give me upgrades at yyz, but it does not work. My last trip down here, I was the only one in F!!!
Sounds like the AMS situation. Upgrades possible going to AMS, but not from the KL folks there.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Lockforward
This to me is so odd...why doesnt AM understand the agreement? Is there a place where we can point them to (online or internal site) that shows DL Medallions do indeed get upgrades?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
that is very interessting ... anyone have any link to this UG beni? I had no idea ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.