Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

US Bank Flex Perks Visa Card Holders - Delayed WorldPerks mileage credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank Flex Perks Visa Card Holders - Delayed WorldPerks mileage credits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by alwazmt
Is there a way to look at past statements to check to see how many EQM's I should be getting? Waht criteria did US bank use to decide if a person gets any EQM's?

Criteria was how much you spent on the card (less returns of course) from Jan 1 through what ended up being the end of June. The NW FAQ says:

Can I still earn Elite Qualifying Miles on my WorldPerks Visa Signature card?
As a WorldPerks Visa Signature Cardmember, you have had the ability to earn up to 20,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) toward your WorldPerks Elite status each calendar year. In light of the upcoming mid-year card changes, U.S. Bank and Northwest Airlines have modified the 2009 EQM promotion to allow for a pro-rata award tier of EQMs, regardless of whether your spending is on your WorldPerks Visa Signature or FlexPerks Visa Signature Card. Additionally, after June 30, 2009 no spending will qualify for EQMs. Spending from January 1, 2009 through June 30, 2009 will be awarded based on the following table:

Net Total Spend* Total Elite Qualifying Miles
> $50,000 20,000
$25,000 to $49,999 10,000
$12,500 to $24,999 5,000
< $12,500 0

*Net Total Spend between January 1, 2009 and June 30, 2009.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The effective date of this program is January 1st 2009 through June 30th 2009. This period has been modified to reflect the termination of the WorldPerks Visa relationship between U.S. Bank and Northwest Airlines.

2. Net Purchases for a billing period are determined by adding all new Purchases recorded to your Account during the billing period and subtracting any credits or other adjustments recorded to your Account during the billing period for returned Purchases. Convenience Checks, Finance Charges and Fees, credit insurance or transactions to fund certain prepaid card products, ATM Withdrawals, Quasi Cash, and Balance Transfers do not qualify towards EQM Net Purchases.

3. The maximum number of EQMs per WorldPerks member/number that can be earned during the period using your WorldPerks Visa Signature Card and/or FlexPerks Visa Signature Card [starting with the numbers 419008, 412714, or 414778] is 20,000. You must spend the full qualifying amount to earn EQMs. No partial awards will be made for spend less than $12,500 or $25,000 or $50,000 on any one Card. EQMs will be posted by August 30th, 2009. Accounts must be in good standing to earn EQMs.

The FlexPerks Visa program is not affiliated with, sponsored or endorsed by Northwest Airlines, Delta Air Lines or the WorldPerks program.

One thing that's been fuzzy to me is the cut date. US Bank told me on the phone that they were using the June Statement date for the cut and NW says the deal is June 30.

There never has been a clear display of how much spend you had since Jan 1 that I know of - you'd have to pretty much calculate it yourself from your statements as far as I know.

Unfortunately things have been rather messy with NW/US Bank because of the DL merger and DL's obligations to Amex. NW/DL assumed they could let US Bank go on DL terms sometime in 3Q2009 but US Bank decided to drop NW on thier own terms much earlier and introduce the Flexperks program. They traded a lot of legal hate mail and a suit got started - resulting in the June cut. They seemed to have cut the regular interface in May and now they've done a delayed post of the regular miles from June.

To my knowledge they cut RDM with whatever your June statement date was although the NW site says it was supposed to cut on 6/15.

Now the question is what's going to happen with the EQM. NW's statement appears above - the US Bank website still has the April cut info from before the catfight. (http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/cred...xperks_faq.cfm) NW is saying end of August so hopefully we'll finally see the EQM in the next week and that will be the end of the NW/US Bank Story.

By the way - the Flexperks program looks like it may be pretty good for a credit card program - at least intially. They did some pretty good retention bonuses - enough points for a free flight. This 'free flight' is a much better deal than you'd get for a miles card. The points redeem via Expedia for what will appear to the airline as a revenue ticket that will earn miles and EQM on its own up to $400 for 20K of the new points. Unfortunately since its all about spend I'm not sure if it will have legs after the bonuses.

Last edited by pmaddock; Aug 24, 2009 at 10:45 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:59 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by pmaddock
By the way - the Flexperks program looks like it may be pretty good for a credit card program - at least intially. They did some pretty good retention bonuses - enough points for a free flight. This 'free flight' is a much better deal than you'd get for a miles card. The points redeem via Expedia for what will appear to the airline as a revenue ticket that will earn miles and EQM on its own up to $400 for 20K of the new points. Unfortunately since its all about spend I'm not sure if it will have legs after the bonuses.

Definitely a great deal when you took advantage of the retention bonuses - about a $5K spend on each of two cards for me, I get 2 x $400 tickets and 10K WP miles. Well over a 10% return. And no annual fee on the Flexperks cards the first year.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: Long Live NWA Silver Elite,Delta Silver Medallion
I'm rethinking..

I opted to switch most of my bankcard business over to the American Express Skymiles card but I'm rethinking it. The Flexperks card may make more sense since it's accepted by more places and when you buy the airline ticket you get miles for the flight.

The one advantage I can see for the AE card is if you upgrade it, you can get MQM for dollars.

I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

I'm hoping the 10,000 EQMs from the promotion hit pretty soon now.

Michael
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: NWA/Delta GM, Continental, US Air
June Statement Date vs June 30....

[QUOTE=pmaddock;12272763]

One thing that's been fuzzy to me is the cut date. US Bank told me on the phone that they were using the June Statement date for the cut and NW says the deal is June 30.

This is exactly my problem. I had a purchase (over $1500) that appears on my online June transaction statement as having occurred on June 17th but was not "posted" until June 19th. My statement closing date was June 18th. I made the purchase on the 17th using my still valid WP Visa specifically so I would make the $25,000 (10K EQM) threshold. I tried several times in June and early July to get US Bank to tell me whether this transaction counted towards the EQM promotion. They told me I would get credit for the purchase but could not confirm if they would count toward the EQM threshold, since they posted after my closing date.

If anyone has had any success getting US Bank to let cardholders know exactly what purchases are being counted towards the EQM promotion, please let me know. I did get the FlexPerks card but the one thing I do not seem to be able to see on their website is exactly what transactions (a line listing) go into the FlexPerks total credits each month.

Thanks -

Nancy
Old Aug 24, 2009, 4:21 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by Nanrid1121
I did get the FlexPerks card but the one thing I do not seem to be able to see on their website is exactly what transactions (a line listing) go into the FlexPerks total credits each month.

Thanks -

Nancy
Look at the very bottom of your monthly statement from US Bank to see the computation of the total Flex Perks points earned that month. It is in the fine print, but it is all laid out in black and white there. So many points for cell phone service, so many double points for gas, groceries, airline tickets. They even have a YTD total, along with that month's numbers.

If you don't receive paper statements in the mail from US Bank, the same info can be found on the US Bank web site, if you view each month's statement and move to the very bottom.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:51 pm

EQMs POSTED!!

^In the last 24 hours, 10k EQMs were posted to my account - back dated to 17-July. Appears as "Visa Signature EQMs".

fyi, reached the $25k threshold on April 20th.

Cheers to US Bank for honoring their commitment.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Ditto - EQMs - I'm amazed

I get to eat my earlier words - they posted allright and not at the last minute either.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM
20,000 Visa Signature EQM's posted to Mr. Cher905's account backdated to July 17. Between that and the 10,000 "EQM Thank You Giveaway", he is now a first-time GE (and probably the only time he'll ever be a GE).
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Just got my 20,000 EQM's, posted as July 17th.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: Long Live NWA Silver Elite,Delta Silver Medallion
Got Mine!!

Got my 10,000 EQMs yesterday. This will leave me about 10,000 short of gold... might have to do a MR this year after all...

Thanks US Bank!

TBF

Last edited by thebigfish; Aug 27, 2009 at 9:35 pm Reason: correct spelling error :D
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Still no 20,000 EQMs for me. I had >$25K spend by my April statement and >$50K spend by my June statement, and got neither 10,000 nor 20,000 EQMs yet. The RDMs all posted, up until the June statement, for a total of over 60,000 RDMs. I'll give them til the end of August to post the EQMs as promised, and raise h*ll after that if the EQMs don't post.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:34 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
My second 10,000 EQM's posted yesterday also, backdated to July 17th. The first 10,000 had posted way back in March or April. I found out about the latest posting when I received an email from NW that I had qualified for the EEP Level 1.

As noted earlier, I was never really concerned about it. I knew they would eventually show up because the agreement was worked out in a court room (or right outside, and approved by a judge!) Everyone who earned the EQM's per the revised earning rules should get them with no problem at all. The lawyers on both sides will see to that.

Remember, NW and USBank slept together in MSP for about 10 years, but now they won't speak to each other anymore. NW moved south to ATL and found someone new to sleep with, and with that divorce it seems that all conversations between the two are through their attorneys. Does that sound familiar to anyone???
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Got my EQM's posted last night too, with July 17th date. Now I can close my account
Old Aug 28, 2009, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
5000 EQMs posted for me as well!! Makes me pleased!!

Safe Travels!
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GTITAN
5000 EQMs posted for me as well!! Makes me pleased!!

Safe Travels!
Got my 20,000 EQM posted. Makes me pleased that US Bank finally honored their terms and conditions but upset that they intentionally delayed posting our earned credits for two months. Because of the US Bank delay, I signed up for a Delta Amex card and received my double bonus miles posting to my Northwest account in two days after flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.