Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

CONSOLIDATED "Linking WorldPerks With Skymiles?" Thread [500 Mile Bonus after Link]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONSOLIDATED "Linking WorldPerks With Skymiles?" Thread [500 Mile Bonus after Link]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:02 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Maybe I missed this in the thread. Would EQMs also transfer?
Here is the scenario. Delta account that has 0 miles. NWA gold with ~100K. I just received a "birthday" bonus email offer from Delta - double miles if I book and fly by a certain date. NWA flights count as the bonus points flight. I will be flying NWA but don't want to collect double Delta RQM - to transfer with the linked accounts - if I will lose my NWA EQM.

Thanks
i believe only redeemable miles can be transferred back and forth
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Linking will not alter the earning abilities of either program, correct? Delta sent me a nice mileage mall bonus offer I want to utilize.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
As long as you leave the "jr." part off, who could tell / know?

A friend of mine and his son traveled using the same FF number on AA for years. Both had the same name, just different middle initials that they did not use. Accumulated mileage, status and upgrades. They just made sure they did not travel at the same time.

I am not endorsing this behavior, just pointing it out.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by fti
I think you meant "that's NOT reversable."

Linking is non reversable. Transfer of miles is.
Yes, thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ksucats
I have a relative sitting on 22,000 NWA miles & no delta account. This will help get them closer to the 25k level. I will play with this over the weekend or next week. They have already done the Worldperks University or whatever that was. Is there anything else out there that I can do to get them closer without spending money?
YES. Diners' Club, e-rewards, & Amex points can be transferred to anyone's DL acct. But first the relative must open a DL acct.--or U can do it for him/ her. Once s/he has DL miles, there is a 500-mile bonus for transferring to NW.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by tvnwz
As long as you leave the "jr." part off, who could tell / know?

A friend of mine and his son traveled using the same FF number on AA for years. Both had the same name, just different middle initials that they did not use. Accumulated mileage, status and upgrades. They just made sure they did not travel at the same time.

I am not endorsing this behavior, just pointing it out.
Be very careful doing that*. DL recently whacked another FlyerTalker by claiming that his father (same name) had credited miles to his account quite a few years ago; DL deducted (as I recall) 10's of thousands of miles from his account.

The white elephant seems to have a long memory despite its poor investigative skiils.

*Seriously, DON'T do that.,
Old Jan 30, 2009, 5:09 pm
np

It's amazing that they would even care. They should focus on making the airline better instead of worrying about a father and son using the same acct. They are still getting the revenue I would imagine.

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Be very careful doing that*. DL recently whacked another FlyerTalker by claiming that his father (same name) had credited miles to his account quite a few years ago; DL deducted (as I recall) 10's of thousands of miles from his account.

The white elephant seems to have a long memory despite its poor investigative skiils.

*Seriously, DON'T do that.,
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:00 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
This is the Delta RPU you are talking about here... not to be taken lightly...

Originally Posted by np
It's amazing that they would even care. They should focus on making the airline better instead of worrying about a father and son using the same acct. They are still getting the revenue I would imagine.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold
What is the recommended course of action for someone without status at either airline?

Have about 11K miles at DL and 33K at NWA. I am located in NYC.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
What is the recommended course of action for someone without status at either airline?

Have about 11K miles at DL and 33K at NWA. I am located in NYC.
It doesn't really matter. If you move the 11k DL miles to NW, you can always reverse it in the end. And in the end, end, your miles will all be consolidated into a DL account any way, so again, doesn't matter.

If you want to redeem on partner airlines, though, moving to NW might be the best bet since NW doesn't charge a partner airlines redemption fee.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 4:10 am

I can't see any link to a 500 miles bonus. Maybe I missed it, but even though, when would that bonus post? I moved my SO's miles from DL
to NW, have yet so see the bonus.
edit : nevermind, I found the link. Maybe it will ttake time for the bonus to post.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:04 am

Programs: DELTA
Red face 500 Bonus Miles: Link Your WorldPerks & SkyMiles Accounts

I just received this offer. I took a deep, deep breath and linked my accounts. I am waiting to see how long it takes for the DL SkyMiles system to take to wipe out my WP PE status... {tic} {toc} {tic} {toc}...
Dear __________,

We're excited to share another step in the Northwest/Delta Air Lines® merger.

You may now transfer miles between your WorldPerks and SkyMiles® accounts online. It's complimentary, and there's no limit on the number of miles or times you can transfer. Just visit http://nwa.com/worldperks/acctlink to link your accounts and take advantage of all the WorldPerks and SkyMiles redemption options.

Link your accounts before March 15, 2009, and earn 500 bonus miles.

Elite qualifying miles or segments cannot be transferred at this time, but elite members can enjoy many reciprocal benefits on both airlines. And, linking accounts now will enable an automatic consolidation of your account history later this year when the programs are fully merged.

Northwest is pleased to bring you Weekly Deals and News for the week of February 4, 2009.
And the response...
Dear __________,

Thank you for linking the following WorldPerks® and SkyMiles® accounts:

WorldPerks Account Number: xxxxxxxxx
SkyMiles Account Number: xxxxxxxxxx

500 Bonus Miles will be posted to your account 4 to 6 weeks following the end of the promotion, March 15, 2009.

You may now transfer miles between these accounts.

As we continue to work toward a smooth merger transition, it’s business as usual for Delta and Northwest Airlines. Please continue to check in and check baggage with the carrier operating your flight just as you’ve always done. Rest assured, your miles are safe and your frequent flyer status is secure. Please visit delta.com or nwa.com for more merger information.
-A

Last edited by Poopdeck90210; Feb 4, 2009 at 12:14 am
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:12 am
kjh

Linking SkyMile and WorldPerk accounts?

I have been getting a number of e-mail/website (nwa.com) reminders to "link" my SkyMile and WorldPerk accounts. Do any of you have any thoughts/experiences regarding the near term advantages and/or disadvantages of doing the linking now versus waiting until they get closer to the account merge date later this year? (BTW I did a search on this and got zero results)
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
I can't say if there is or isn't any benefits for one or the other. I have no status other than warm body when i'm on the plane, so I hardly had enough miles in either one to amount to anything. I was able to transfer 1:1 to WP, so I now have enough to at least think about getting flights or some decent merchandise, all depending on the likelihood of being able to get flights.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Bonus miles

One advantage to doing it now is a 500-mile bonus for linking the two accounts before March 15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.