Wiki Posts
Search

LSE or MSP to PHF

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2008, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
LSE or MSP to PHF

I am trying to find a ticket to Newport News from LSE or MSP through the NWA site. They tell me no flights are available. I know the flight would be a combination of NWA and Delta. Have not flown all year so I am not up on what the merger means to me in trying to find a ticket. I have over 100,000 miles on NWA to spend and would like to do this route. If I use Orbitz I can find a route so it is possible but not throught the NWA site..
Old Dec 27, 2008, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL PM+MM
Fly to Virginia Beach on NW

NW does not appear to even codeshare to PHF, but serves Virginia Beach :-: (ORF) just 28 miles down the road. Availability for award tickets looks good after Jan 5th from MSP or LSE.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
DL metal does fly to PHF. via ATL. Of course, given the time it would take to fly MSP-ATL-PHF, it would be much faster/easier to just fly MSP-ORF and make the quick hop across the water - I think it's about a 25-30 minute drive from ORF to Newport News.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
DL metal does fly to PHF. via ATL.

Time I have.........but how do I get a ticket using miles? Is there something I should be clicking and have missed to get the route? PHF is more convenient for the people we would be visiting and would pick us up.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM+MM
PHF vs ORF

If you want to use NW miles, you need to fly to a city that NW has flights and award inventory, either NW metal or codeshare with Delta or other partner. DL and Southeast fly to PHF, but NW has no codeshare flights to PHF - hence no award inventory. Might be that NW has a strong preference for Compass Air over Southeast Air in that region or maybe no tariff covering PHF. All purchased flight searches come up with DL only.
When searching for flights on NWA.com use More Search Options, WorldPerks Award and put in PHF but also check airports within 25+ miles. Only ORF or other airports within 100 miles results come up, but no PHF options.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by SrChief
If you want to use NW miles, you need to fly to a city that NW has flights and award inventory, either NW metal or codeshare with Delta or other partner. DL and Southeast fly to PHF, but NW has no codeshare flights to PHF - hence no award inventory.
Of course you can use NW miles to redeem an award on any SkyTeam flight, for which the DL flight to PHF would qualify.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Audie
DL metal does fly to PHF. via ATL.

Time I have.........but how do I get a ticket using miles? Is there something I should be clicking and have missed to get the route? PHF is more convenient for the people we would be visiting and would pick us up.
You should be able to just plug PHF into the calendar and search from there. If not, I'd give NW a call and see what they can work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.