Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Brother stuck in STL holding a CO reservation (but NWA e-ticket)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Because of weather in EWR, his STL-EWR portion (of STL-EWR-MXP) was canceled. This was a a rewards ticket booked via nwa.com, but on CO metal.

1. CO reservation line found a flight on 22nd or 23rd. Couldn't change it though and said to call NWA.
2. Brother went to NWA desk. They gave him 3 NWA flights, but sent him back to CO desk to change the ticket.
3. He's inline now, but I called CO line again and they say they can't change it to NWA flights. They have Y ticket on the 21st, but he said it was doubtful that manager would approve it.
4. I'm on hold with NWA Elite line hoping they can actually change it.

So who do I need to push to change this ticket?

Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:10 pm

I think you have the best idea trying to get ahold of the elite line.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by humanoid94

Just got transfered to a WP agent after a 20min hold. There's no love for miles tickets.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
But since he's checked in, CO may have control. As has been pointed out on the CO board, CO is not that great when dealing with irrops.

I wonder if he can get un-checked in, which would free up the ticket so NWA can help. Otherwise, get the NWA agents on the phone with the NWA routing you want while standing in front of the CO agent and insist they do it.

The key with CO is to push until you get what you want.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rogi

Just got transfered to a WP agent after a 20min hold. There's no love for miles tickets.
Unfortunately as a Silver you just get to jump the queue. I can't even even imagine how backed up the phone systems must be. Push for STL-DTW-AMS-MXP...
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately as a Silver you just get to jump the queue. I can't even even imagine how backed up the phone systems must be. Push for STL-DTW-AMS-MXP...
Thanks. We should have learned our lesson last yr when the exact thing happened (weather in NY area) on a NWA/CO ticket.

edit: NWA line was no help since they won't release the ticket. He went back to the NWA counter and a different person is helping him now. I think they went to the CO themselves. If so, a big ^ to NWA.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Follow-up question.....

What are his odds at getting a hotel voucher? (he isn't local to STL).
I know last time CO offered us rooms when we got canceled out of EWR (coming back from MXP). But now NWA is taking over to book him on NWA metal.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Rogi
Follow-up question.....

What are his odds at getting a hotel voucher? (he isn't local to STL).
I know last time CO offered us rooms when we got canceled out of EWR (coming back from MXP). But now NWA is taking over to book him on NWA metal.
Just about zero, as the odds should be. Weather?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Just about zero, as the odds should be. Weather?
True, but we were given hotel by CO on exactly the same itin last yr in EWR. (b/c of weather)

Looks like he's flying out tomorrow on NWA. They pulled through again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.