Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW Appreciation Event v2.0 (Here At Last)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW Appreciation Event v2.0 (Here At Last)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
We are open for business

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
is there a deadline for donations or have I already missed the boat (errr, plane)?
thezipper is talking with NW 11/10 and we will work out a date for the event and the let everyone know the details and the deadline.

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2008, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Latest News

Originally Posted by hnewman
$1225 as of 11/09 16:01 CST

Thanks to all. thezipper has a call with NW Monday and we will let everyone know the results.

46 people. Please remember either say something for the banner or let me know you do not want to add anything.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:13 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Just a quick note... I had a chat with Perry Cantarutti, has been promoted to the head of reservations for the combined Northwest/Delta operations. He is a big supporter of what we are doing and happy to see FlyerTalk members doing this in support of the Elite CSR's. Also on the call was Scoop v1 and Scoop v3, who will be handling the logistics from the NW end of things. Perry indicated that this was a great morale booster last year and he will match the contributions of FlyerTalkers, to make this event even better. We're trying to wrap this up by the end of the November, with the anticipation that the event will happen sometime in mid-december. I've been promised there will be lots more pictures this time to share with the folks on FT.

I'll keep you all updated when I hear more.

thezipper

Originally Posted by hnewman
thezipper is talking with NW 11/10 and we will work out a date for the event and the let everyone know the details and the deadline.

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Latest News

The last day to give is November 30th. Also

Late breaking idea

If people would like to contribute gift cards instead of cash to add to part of a planned giveaway please PM me and I will provide a mailing address. Just another way to give and for those who want to use points for gift cards.

Thanks

Henry
Old Nov 12, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Perry indicated that this was a great morale booster last year and he will match the contributions of FlyerTalkers, to make this event even better.

thezipper[/QUOTE]

A match! This is fabulous!!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
A match! This is fabulous!!
It really is, and I hear that someone we all know and love is thinking of rounding out our total if it's an odd amount. So I encourage everyone to add what they can in terms of both a $ donation as well as a written message of support to the elite agents.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:20 am

I just sent in my $25... so with the airline's gracious match I've effectively donated $50.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks DJMeatBall

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
I just sent in my $25... so with the airline's gracious match I've effectively donated $50.
Folks keep them coming 17 days till we have to close the books. We are at $1250 as of today.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Matching funds

Too bad we can't get one of the deep pocket members to send over, say, $5 million dollars or so. I'm sure the employees would really like that, when it's doubled to $10 Million.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Me thinks

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Too bad we can't get one of the deep pocket members to send over, say, $5 million dollars or so. I'm sure the employees would really like that, when it's doubled to $10 Million.
They would weasle out.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Just sent mine (using some of the funds received from the $50 cash back PayPal promotion). Perhaps splitting your $50 with this cause might motivate a few more of you to give?? Thanks to the organizers!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Phil2016
Just sent mine (using some of the funds received from the $50 cash back PayPal promotion). Perhaps splitting your $50 with this cause might motivate a few more of you to give?? Thanks to the organizers!
Thank you and great advice! This event is going to be fun for us and the NW agents. ^
Old Nov 16, 2008, 6:26 am
Original Poster

As a reminder

The final date is 11/30 at 23:59 CDT. After that we cannot accept payments.

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Just sent in my contribution.

Thanks for organizing this!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks SamOF!

Last edited by itsaboutthejourney; Nov 18, 2008 at 2:31 am Reason: incorrectly listed someone who I thought had donated. Apologies and understand that not everyone can in this economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.