Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW Appreciation Event v2.0 (Here At Last)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW Appreciation Event v2.0 (Here At Last)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, all other damn frq trvlr programs - base member
Another FT contribution for the December event

I just PayPal'd my $40 --- I hope that's an appropriate amount because I'd hate to have to pay the $150 change fee to adjust it! [smile]

Seriously --- a huge thank you to you for organizing the party and a more important thank you to the special people in Chisolm that make every call a pleasure. You guys MAKE the NWA experience positive. I appreciate you all!!!

glafollette
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:30 pm

Programs: DELTA
Question What is theNW Appreciation Event v2.0

Originally Posted by hnewman
Folks sorry for the delay on the NW Appreciation Event v2.0 payment information. We had some delays in figuring out who would setup the payment site, but we are now set.
Can I get more information about this? Is this a donor event?

-A
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
Can I get more information about this? Is this a donor event?

-A
We anticipate it to be very similar to last year with the event actually taking place over 2 or 3 shifts on tbd dates in December to cover all the agents in Chisholm, and one day in the other centers. (Because of the number of agents and the busy Holiday travel season, it's impossible to do it in one event.) Cake, cookies & punch for everyone, plus randomly selected gift cards with note of appreciation from us FlyerTalkers. (Considering the wages and economy up in that part of MN, the gift cards were for basics such as gas, groceries, Target, etc. and we've been told again and again that they were much appreciated).

Everyone who donates is asked to also submit a greeting or message to the agents that will be printed on a banner. (Last year's banner is still up in the break area of the Chisholm facility!)

We're just starting chats with the NWA team to figure out logistics, which is a challenge because none of us are actually there. Last year Scoop I was transitioning to a new position that gave us a huge advantage in navigating logistics. Obviously, the merger and Scoop III just getting settled into her position add another layer to organizing it. NW execs are very excited and supportive of us so we don't anticipate any problems.

hnewman has been doing an amazing job as treasurer and has generously added extra $ to offset the PayPal fees. thezipper is leading communication with NWA execs. cjheck who helped last year had to bow out for work reasons.

Hope that helps? (and you can become a donor, any amount is appreciated.)
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Latest results

$1340 and 49 people as 11/18 at 06:39 CST
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
just sent in 50. thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Looking great

As of 11/19 at 05:44 CST we have $1390 so far. There are 11 days left. I know a few people are still planning on adding to the party fund. Let's try and get over $1500. I expect to hear from NW this week about some dates and information and will let everyone know what I hear.

Thanks to everyone.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:32 pm

Would someone take the trouble to post a link as to what this thread is about?
Much appreciated.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by alien
Would someone take the trouble to post a link as to what this thread is about?
Much appreciated.
This is the 2nd year of doing something to show appreciation for the Elite agents, mostly in Chisholm, MN but for all the NWA elite agents who take our calls and work wonders for us throughout the year.

We anticipate it to be very similar to last year with the event actually taking place over 2 or 3 shifts on tbd dates in December to cover all the agents in Chisholm, and one day in the other centers. We work with the managers at the call centers to provide cake, cookies & punch for everyone, plus randomly drawn gift cards with note of appreciation from the "NW FlyerTalkers".

Everyone who donates is asked to also submit a greeting or message to the agents that will be printed on a banner that will be hung in the party area. (Last year's banner is still up in the break area of the Chisholm facility!)

Hope that helps? (and you can become a donor, any amount is appreciated.)

Last edited by itsaboutthejourney; Nov 19, 2008 at 1:59 pm Reason: added link to banner photo
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:59 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=appreciation
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:06 pm

Thanks folks.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Just managed to make the donation.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Broke $1500 today

We are now at $1565 as of 11/20 at 21:08 CST. WOW. 10 days left to give.

Thanks to all. I know the CRS team will appreciate it.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler/Diamond, SPG Plat
My $25 is in! :-)

THANKS FOR DOING THIS!!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Close to $1600 today

We are at $1590. 8 days left.

Thanks again

Henry
Old Nov 23, 2008, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Over $1600

We are at $1610 as of today. Thank you. Next Sunday at 23:59 is the last day to give. I now have details on the event and have sent them to everyone who has given as we have very limited space. E.g if you want to go to the event you must donate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.