Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC power in coach seat?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
It's not really the laptop but the amount of power the charger draws. I have a compact travel charger from dell and it always works flawlessly. Your normal charger will work if there aren't too many others using the system...otherwise you may have issues. The inflight magazine lists the exact power draw that is supported...looked on nwa.com but couldn't find it for you.

As for removing your battery, that is also related to the power draw. Many chargers will draw less just to run the computer as opposed to run the computer and charge the battery. Hence, with the battery out you may have more luck.
Well, that's the way its supposed to work but I even went and bought an Igo Juice 70 power adapter that draws a max of 2 amps and outputs a max of 65 watts on A/C power to replace my OEM one and it still has the issues. Personally I hate the A/C adapters that everyone is going to because of the bugginess and power limitations... never had a single problem with Empower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.