Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Spring 2008 "Miles to Go" Promotion [May 22-July 31 2008] (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2008 "Miles to Go" Promotion [May 22-July 31 2008] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2008, 10:44 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Smile Miles to Go!!!

Another cool promotion -- Miles to go!!!

http://www.nwa.com/offers/milestogo/...togo_226x60.hp

You don't need to pay anything... All you need to do is playing the sweeptakes game everyday 71 days x 5 = 355 points = 7500 bonus miles... COOL!!
Old May 22, 2008, 10:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
This is exciting!!
Old May 22, 2008, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
points?

I played the game twice and the Points Summary screen shows 0 for this promotion. What gives?! Does anyone else have this issue?
Old May 22, 2008, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by sbagdon
For 1000pts/50k, you could:

* spend $100k on your WP Visa.
* buy/gift miles in 3k increments for $95 each, 20x.
* gift miles in 5k increments for $75 each, up to 20x.
* rent a car 200x.
* spend $10k at Skymall.
Or...
* purchase 10 new homes with LendingTree
* purchase 10 new homes with iNest

Somewhat OT: when did they start saying "purchase a home". I thought one bought a house. If you choose to stay there and make it your home, that's a different story. As such, purchasing 10 new homes by 7/31 might be a lot more difficult, since it would technically entail one moving and settling into 10 new houses. Booooooooooo to crappy marketing language!
Old May 23, 2008, 1:17 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
New Promotion - Miles to Go

http://www.nwa.com/offers/milestogo/

A nice opportunity to top up your WP accounts is by applying for a personal credit card, a business credit card and a check card.

Assuming you have never had these cards before, you would get 20,000 miles each for the credit cards, 4000 miles for the check card, and with the miles to go promotion an additional 15,000 miles (as if you get all 3 you get 500 points).

Total Miles 59,000 miles

The credit cards at the moment have no fee for the first year, and the check card costs $20.

Sadly, I applied for the business card last month, so I will miss out on the added bonus miles from this promotion.

For those (like myself) who have already had the WP "Visa Signature" personal card, based on info I have from others, you can only get the 20K bonus one time.

However, you can apply for the PLATINUM card, which still gives 10,000 miles and also gives the 200 points bonus (worth another 5000 miles)
Old May 23, 2008, 1:24 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
There is a 2nd promo NW is running called Moms Dads and Grads, which gives you 500 miles for each $50 spent at WP Mall.

There could be some confusion between this promo and the above Miles to Go promo - From now until June 30 both promos overlap each other. One promo gives 500 miles for $50 spend, while the other gives 5 pts which then may give you some additional miles.

If you register for both promos - will NW give you the miles and the points?
Or will they pick one promo over the other - and if so, which one?

In this regard, does anyone have a telephone number for NW marketing which they have used in the past to question previous promotions? I would not trust any reply from just a normal CSR.
Old May 23, 2008, 3:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by florin
Somewhat OT: when did they start saying "purchase a home". I thought one bought a house. If you choose to stay there and make it your home, that's a different story. As such, purchasing 10 new homes by 7/31 might be a lot more difficult, since it would technically entail one moving and settling into 10 new houses. Booooooooooo to crappy marketing language!
How's that song go, Too much time on my hands, too much time on my haaaaands!

Of course, who is sitting here playing the luggage game at 4 AM???

Man, that train gets long. I couldn't get past about 12. Those MSP roadblocks look so realistic, don't they? LOL
Old May 23, 2008, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skypesos PE, PP Platinum, HH DIAMOND, AA, CH GE, SPG
Originally Posted by florin
I played the game twice and the Points Summary screen shows 0 for this promotion. What gives?! Does anyone else have this issue?
Same here, I would think wait a few more days to see if point summary updates........
Old May 23, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by cdnpilot
Same here, I would think wait a few more days to see if point summary updates........
Since the promotion runs until 12/31, and the game runs until 7/31, I'm guessing either monthly feeds, or a single feed at the end (more probable).

When playing the online game, if you have already registered, visit 2nd-time and on, and enter your WP number, you receive your 5 points with no other action ("You have received another five points and sweepstakes entry for the trips to Hawaii and Paris, France! Click continue below to play Baggage Claim Bonanza and see if you are one of today's instant prize winners!").

The general concensus seems to be that to find out if you've won a prize, drive the cart into a wall, or click the "Can't see game?" url. Then you'll know if you've won anything.

Steve B.

Last edited by sbagdon; May 23, 2008 at 5:01 am
Old May 23, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Where can I find the point summary page??? I am not able to see it.. Not even 0 points... I tried so hard to find it, but I couldnt' find that page.. where is it??
Old May 23, 2008, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by eddielam
Where can I find the point summary page??? I am not able to see it.. Not even 0 points... I tried so hard to find it, but I couldnt' find that page.. where is it??
Try THIS link or go to nwa.com -> WorldPerks -> Manage My Account -> Points Summary.
Old May 23, 2008, 6:09 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Transfer miles

I'm trying to figure out if I can do this more than once but T&C and transfer miles link doesn't really specify. Just "qualifying activity" which makes me think one time unless it said each qualifying stay/rental, as noted in the respective hotel car rental activities for example.
Old May 23, 2008, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just found this exciting new promo on their website...
Am I the only one who doesn't really find this to be all that exciting?

Minimal miles for partner activities? Is this to build partner revenue or build brand loyalty? This promo just doesn't excite me...
Old May 23, 2008, 7:55 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by rustyr
I'm trying to figure out if I can do this more than once but T&C and transfer miles link doesn't really specify. Just "qualifying activity" which makes me think one time unless it said each qualifying stay/rental, as noted in the respective hotel car rental activities for example.
Just wondering this myself. The minimum charge for transferring miles out would be $100 ($75 for 5k, + $25 processing fee). If you want to gift someone 15k miles, do you gift them 1x 15k miles for $200 (50 points, 1500 miles), or 3x 5k miles for $300 (150 points, 3500 miles). So... who's going to be the first to find out?

Originally Posted by bhatnasx

Minimal miles for partner activities? Is this to build partner revenue or build brand loyalty? This promo just doesn't excite me...
I do have to say that what I'm suprised about is the duration of the promo. It seems odd to have a 7 month promo. If I knew that they'd send out the 50k miles once the activity was reached, that would be preferable. Either way, you might not see any rewards until mid-Jan of next year. Also... if you hit 1000 pounts early, what happens if another promotion appears, and you can't join that one (even thought you've maxdd out this one), if the two promotions can't be in parrellel?

Steve B.

Last edited by sbagdon; May 23, 2008 at 8:01 am
Old May 23, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhatnasx

Being able to earn 7500 miles without spending a cent is exciting. And I think this is the only point based promotion so far that I think I may have a chance of getting max miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.