FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spring 2008 "Miles to Go" Promotion [May 22-July 31 2008] (Master Thread)
Old May 23, 2008, 7:55 am
sbagdon

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by rustyr
I'm trying to figure out if I can do this more than once but T&C and transfer miles link doesn't really specify. Just "qualifying activity" which makes me think one time unless it said each qualifying stay/rental, as noted in the respective hotel car rental activities for example.
Just wondering this myself. The minimum charge for transferring miles out would be $100 ($75 for 5k, + $25 processing fee). If you want to gift someone 15k miles, do you gift them 1x 15k miles for $200 (50 points, 1500 miles), or 3x 5k miles for $300 (150 points, 3500 miles). So... who's going to be the first to find out?

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Am I the only one who doesn't really find this to be all that exciting?

Minimal miles for partner activities? Is this to build partner revenue or build brand loyalty? This promo just doesn't excite me...
I do have to say that what I'm suprised about is the duration of the promo. It seems odd to have a 7 month promo. If I knew that they'd send out the 50k miles once the activity was reached, that would be preferable. Either way, you might not see any rewards until mid-Jan of next year. Also... if you hit 1000 pounts early, what happens if another promotion appears, and you can't join that one (even thought you've maxdd out this one), if the two promotions can't be in parrellel?

Steve B.

Last edited by sbagdon; May 23, 2008 at 8:01 am