Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dtw - Mty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Dtw - Mty

I am flying on this new route next month.......anyone had any experiences at the MTY airport, lounge, passport control?

Just curious, thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
I flew to MTY on CO about a year and a half ago... airport is relatively small and pretty easy. If you need a cab when you get there, there's a counter just outside baggage claim where they will set you up and you can pay by credit card.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: NWA/Delta SE, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
I agree with LucWise. I have flown through MTY many, many times over the years. The airport is very simple to get around, passport control typically goes fairly quick, and by the time you are through with Passport control, you're baggage (if you check any) is generally waiting for you.

Getting a cab is simple. As LucWise said, just through the sliding doors after baggage claim is a taxi stand with a touch screen terminal. Piece of cake!!

There are some great restaraunts in Monterrey and the city is relatively safe! Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by richie_rich66
There are some great restaraunts in Monterrey and the city is relatively safe! Enjoy your trip!
I agree.. I was there about two weeks and felt safe the whole time, didn't really have any issues to speak of.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, American Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite
There is a small and little known Amex lounge on the bottom floor in the main terminal past security. A gold card or higher will get you in. Self serve bar, some snacks, comfy chairs. Nothing to get excited about, but quiet and away from the crowds.

If you have some time, check out the caves at Grutas de Garcia. It's about 45 minutes out of town, and very impressive.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by gravy
There is a small and little known Amex lounge on the bottom floor in the main terminal past security. A gold card or higher will get you in.
Just a note: Need to be NW plat, not gold, to get in to that AM lounge. By the profile, looks like the OP would be out of luck there. WC membership card will get one access though if the OP has that.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold, American Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Just a note: Need to be NW plat, not gold, to get in to that AM lounge. By the profile, looks like the OP would be out of luck there. WC membership card will get one access though if the OP has that.
To clarify my post; it's an American Express lounge, not AeroMexico. No NW status needed. They don't care who you're flying with. American Express gold card or higher is all that's needed.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
I was in MTY a month or so ago. Nice airport, passport control get you through fairly quickly, just have your forms filled out correctly. As for a Skyteam lounge, the Aeromexico lounge is very nice and is located here in the airport. It is located on the same level as the passport control (you can see it directly behind you when you are standing in the line behind the security glass) and next to the small AMEX lounge.

Many good places to eat. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.