Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using delta.com with Worldperks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2003, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Using delta.com with Worldperks

Unlike CO and NW, which will let you check your itinerary and check-in online without a CO or NW frequent flyer number, DL requires a skymiles account to log into their site. Without signing up for skymiles, you can't view your itinerary or check-in online!

Seems like a stupid system, since it significantly reduces their ability to serve their new partners' best customers.

Does anybody know of a way around it? If I sign up for skymiles, can I log into delta.com, but still earn worldperks miles?
Old Jun 18, 2003, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by themicah:
Does anybody know of a way around it? If I sign up for skymiles, can I log into delta.com, but still earn worldperks miles? </font>
I'm sure if you put in your SkyMiles number, you could simply call Delta to enter in your WP number without hassle. You could probably even change it at check-in or at the gate.

Old Jun 19, 2003, 6:04 am

In my expirience, I would be extremely careful and save all ticketed receipts.

Before I started flying regularly, I had a couple of flights on Air France and signed up with their "Frequence Plus" plan. Awhile later, I took some Delta flights, purchasing them on the web (where I had a skymiles number).

Wanting to reach an award level on Air France, I asked them to put in my "Frequence Plus" number at the ticket counter in DAY. They looked at me like I was crazy and asked me how to put it in! Well, to make a long story short, even after assuring me it was in, it was not. The strange thing was, I didn't even get skymiles.

After the flight, and waiting a few months for an Air France statement, it wasn't credited. Called Delta, sent me to Air France. Air France sent me back to Delta. I gave up and have never flown either of the two airlines since, even though I am in Delta land.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 6:43 am
Original Poster

My only reason for considering opening a skymiles account is to be able to use delta.com to view my itinerary and checkin online (so I get good seats).

But if I check in online using a skymiles number, I'm afraid I won't be able to transfer the credit to WP without major hassle. Maybe I'll try calling Delta's online support and see if they know.

I sure wish Delta was set up like NW and CO, where you can put in partner-airline ff#'s when you book or checkin online.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
My guess is that it won't do you any good. Typically Delta etickets are tied to the SkyMiles number. But if they are booked with a WorldPerks number, I am not sure they will show up while logged into delta.com
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I actually tried signing up for skymiles just to see what delta.com was like once I logged in.

Under "my itineraries" it didn't show anything, because my itinerary isn't linked to the skymiles number (but to my wp number--I bought the ticket yesterday over the phone). Apparently there's no way to look up an itinerary by PNR code like you can at nwa.com, klm.com, continental.com, etc. I would have to call DL and ask them to put my new skymiles number on the itin, which I don't want to do because I don't want to risk not getting the wp credit.

What a stupid system.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

It IS possible to view itineraries and check-in on-line for DL flights without a skymiles account, just not at delta.com. Sowalsky over at the DL forum gave me the secret: we can use the Song website for any DL flight with nothing more than a PNR and a first and last name.

Here are the links....

View itinerary:

https://www.flysong.com/travel/oci/v...ding/index.jsp

Online check-in:

http://www.flysong.com/travel/oci/oci_landing/index.jsp

Thanks, sowalsky!

-Micah
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:29 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
There are still problems with the CO/NW agreement after many years working as an alliance. I would not expect the alliance with DL to be perfect in its first week.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:02 pm

I'll revive this topic; I want to be sure I know the best way to book travel on DL on get NW credit. Would it be:

--Book the trip at delta.com and leave the Skymiles number blank (I have an account but consider it retired).

--Phone Delta to add my WP number.

--Use the Song site to print a boarding pass. Should that BP show the WP number?
Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Also to follow up, I never did get flysong online checkin to work on those flights in June. On my outbound flight, I couldn't use online (or kiosk) checkin at all because I bought the ticket too close to the travel date so I had to show ID to checkin. I had purchased my ticket on the phone.

On the way back, I tried using flysong.com to check in, but it didn't seem to work right, so I just checked in at the airport (the kiosks didn't work either, but I think that was because my attempt at flysong somehow locked my reservation--never could get a straight answer from the DL agents).

You might have a different experience if you bought your ticket further in advance, or if you didn't screw around with your itin on flysong like I did, or if DL has worked out more of the kinks in the DL-NW alliance in the last month.

Also, all of my boarding passes (which were all issued by DL agents at counters) had my NW number on them, but I've never received WP credit for the Comair segments (only the DL segments actually posted). I'm waiting for 6 weeks to pass (just a week or so away from my June 20 flight), then I'm going to call WP and complain again. See my other thread on earning WP on DL: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/006433.html
Old Jul 29, 2003, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It is most helpful to have a printed copy of your e-ticket, or failing that, at least the e-ticket number.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 1:45 am

Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc. allow you to enter in any frequent flyer number when making the reservation. In other words, you can enter in NW or CO frequent flyer numbers into a DL reservation without going through the hassle of having to call DL and get it straightened out.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 7:29 am

Don't they all have a $5 fee? It isn't much, but I don't want to pay this unnecessarily.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 7:44 am
cervisiam

why not take the boarding pass you printed from online check-in and ask the gate agent change it manually?

[last weekend, after i did the self service check-in, i asked the ticket agent to change my SkyMiles number to my WP number. he told me the gate agent would have to do it. the gate agent did the change with no problem.]

it would give you something to do while you are hanging out at the gate

Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:22 am

Programs: NW Gold, Hilton Gold (comped)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cervisiam:
why not take the boarding pass you printed from online check-in and ask the gate agent change it manually?

[last weekend, after i did the self service check-in, i asked the ticket agent to change my SkyMiles number to my WP number. he told me the gate agent would have to do it. the gate agent did the change with no problem.]

it would give you something to do while you are hanging out at the gate
</font>
Has anyone tried doing this (or have any idea if it can be done) if MSUs have been used to upgrade or if SkyMiles have been used to upgrade?

I, like so many others, am a recent convert from Delta and wouldn't mind using up my Skymiles for upgrading an International coach ticket (or two). Since I would be buying a coach ticket on Delta (and just upgrading with miles), I would like the base miles credited to my WP account.

I know its selfish, but I would like to burn my Skymiles without having to go whole hog for an award ticket and without having to accue more miles in my Skymiles account.

/s/ Basic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.