Wiki Posts
Search

EUA Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2003, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

EUA Question

Is there any way to determine whether you will get EUA before purchasing ticket (purchasing < 36 hours before flight)? I've compared itn to nwa.com seat selection and they don't seem to match. Also, it appears as though there are a fair number of elites on the flights I'm looking at based upon occupancy of Premium coach seats.

Thanks for any ideas!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 8:23 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Depends on alot of things... for example, you could be the only Platinum on the flight and all the rest of the elites are Silver. You would trump them when EUA runs, but not know that from the fares that have been previously sold. I usually look at loads a few weeks in advance and see what flights fill up and which ones stay in the F9 category on ITN the longest. I'm on several flights this weekend where I'm the only one up front.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:02 pm

Location: GSP DL 4MM/PM/FC, US Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Gold
Interesting question. I'm on a two legger this Sunday, 11/30. I've cleared one segment for first, but not the second. Inventory today is P5, F0. Any chance the inventory will change before Sunday, or am I looking at airport standby?
Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I think EUA's got a bit more logic than we give it credit for. I've noticed the last few times that when I've booked the day before a flight, it seems to say "oh look, we're P4F0, but there's a Platinum, so let's upgrade him." Now, it could just be the release of one seat...but I'm wondering if it's not more.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.