Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

To whom do I write...request for elite exception?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2003, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

My wife and I were involved in a serious traffic accident in August and as a result, I will be flying very little or none for the balance of the year. I have been gold or platinum since the gold/silver program was designed but currently am silver. I typically do lots of Q4 flying, and wondered it I might make a plea for special consideration for a gold or platinum extension if I supplied supporting documents - eg the newspaper article or the $70,000 hospital bill. Anyone have a specific name that might get me some personalized attention or experience with this kind of thing? Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:48 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Past experience has been that if you are currently Platinum and do not requalify, you will only drop one level, to Gold, even if you have only 25,000 EQM's this year.
Likewise, if you are currently Gold, you will drop to Silver, even if you do not have the 25,000 miles necessary to qualify.

If you still want to write, I would go straight to the top, to Beth Shultis, and send along the supporting info. You might find that she will make an exception for you. Your chances will be greater if you happen to have a lot of those "high dollar segments" along with the miles you have earned.

In the meantime, best wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:28 am

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
NWA has a soft-landing policy? Wow. One more reason why I am THRILLED that I gave Gordo the slip.

------------------
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,and there you will forever long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints."

Robert Louis Stevenson

200 nights/200 legs a year
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
There seems to be conflicting info on this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/006006.html

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mrcimino1:
Past experience has been that if you are currently Platinum and do not requalify, you will only drop one level, to Gold, even if you have only 25,000 EQM's this year.
Likewise, if you are currently Gold, you will drop to Silver, even if you do not have the 25,000 miles necessary to qualify.

If you still want to write, I would go straight to the top, to Beth Shultis, and send along the supporting info. You might find that she will make an exception for you. Your chances will be greater if you happen to have a lot of those "high dollar segments" along with the miles you have earned.

In the meantime, best wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you.
</font>
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I earned Platinum in '01 and only flew 37K in '02. For '03, they gave me Gold (without me even requesting an exception), although I have since earned Platinum again.

[This message has been edited by bergamini (edited 10-08-2003).]
Old Oct 8, 2003, 8:31 pm

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
I think the advice to contact Beth Shultis is good. Best wishes to both you and your wife.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:51 pm

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
A few years ago when I was platinum & barelyflew all year, I was dropped to silver. Not gold.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 11:20 pm

Requesting the address to write Beth Shultis via snail mail and her title too please, thanks
Craig
Old Oct 8, 2003, 11:22 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
OK, I should be more careful about making general statements, when in fact the issue is a very complicated one. All of MY acquaintances that did not requalify experienced the "soft landing" and only dropped one level, instead of ending up with the actual level that they earned.

I am sure there is some sort of complicated formula that determines who actually ends up with a certain level, when they do not requalify for the same level they had the previous year. It probably is based on how short they actually were of reaching some level, what city they reside in, and how much revenue they actually have contributed to NW in the past (with the expectation that they might rebound and contribute again in the following year, provided they are not too upset!!)
Old Oct 22, 2003, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Hi all... could someone please e-mail me Beth Shultis Snail Mail address?
Thanks much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.