Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION: Northwest Relaunches new nwa.com Booking Engine [11/30/2007]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION: Northwest Relaunches new nwa.com Booking Engine [11/30/2007]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2007, 1:42 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Thumbs up KLM seat maps!

So when you are selecting the seating, you can see and select on KLM flights!! Not sure if it sticks....the Elite line still don't have have access to much....
Old Dec 3, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kcnwgold
I think we have also lost the ability to search by schedule on multi-city trips. Has anyone had success with doing that?
Ooooohhh...That would be bad. Renders things like ITA a LOT less useful.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
I think we have also lost the ability to search by schedule on multi-city trips. Has anyone had success with doing that?
I've noticed the same problem -- I want to book an open jaw trip which you can do using the multiple cities module, but the radio box for search by schedule is grayed out.

This clearly is a bug and I'm sure there may be more, but unless NW is willing to pay us to Beta test for them, I'm not going to waste anytime looking for 'em.

I'd like to think the NW IT staff (or contractor?) can find them.

Bob H
Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:57 pm

Weird, so I was just able to book an interesting domestic award ticket with the new website. FNT-MKE-EWR on YX, EWR-DTW on CO, DTW-FNT on NW. I was impressed by the fact that I could easily book YX flights with the new website. When I went to purchase it though, it gave the expected confirmation page at the end with a confirmation number but also printed across the top "Error Code 101: Select Different Flights" or something like that. I think the error code was in error though as I just got the confirmation email with ticket number. Weird!

(Before you think I went insane booking a domestic coach award, I was booking this for a friend with the old 2 days advance purchase!)
Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: marriott, USAir, JetBlue, Southwest, AA
e coupons for NWA.

I am able to book online at nwa.com but was wondering if anyone [knew] where could I obtain [e-coupons]

Last edited by slippahs; Dec 3, 2007 at 8:41 pm Reason: edited to comply with coupon connection guidelines that coupon requests not be solicited outside of coupon connection
Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:05 pm

Programs: Former NW Plat, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold
Facing Bug when trying to book an award tix

Im facing a bug and am hoping somebody can help me with that (NW Scoop, etc.):

Trying to book an award ticket for 12/22 - 1/21 SEA-BOM for 2 people. It comes back with an error saying

"WorldPerks Award Travel Reservations are not available for the dates selected because no Northwest Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, or codeshare partner flights were found between Seattle and Mumbai that matched your request. "

When trying the "price" or "Schedule" options, it seems to be working well with the prices for each of the options.

Can anybody help????

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: Delta/NW Plat, HH Diamond, Nat Car Exec
Wasting My Time

The new or should I say revised Web Site is garbage. I'm continually receiving error messages when I'm trying to book flights and research fares. I was totally happy with the previous system. I thought we went through this crap a few months ago. When will they stop trying to change things when they are not ready to launch.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:14 pm

Programs: Former NW Plat, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by MinnFlyBoy
The new or should I say revised Web Site is garbage. I'm continually receiving error messages when I'm trying to book flights and research fares. I was totally happy with the previous system. I thought we went through this crap a few months ago. When will they stop trying to change things when they are not ready to launch.
Couldnt agree more. I was happy with the older options. Is anybody at NWA listening?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Seat maps!!, I like the new site.

I was booking my award travel and found seat maps for Delta and Continental, of which I would not normally be able to see or choose seats.

I'm one to favor the new search engine.!

Jiburi
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:31 am

The calendar still needs major tweaking - - and discovered it doesn't play well with handoff from FC/Kayak, tho it did offer a MUCH better price for my 2/29 request .. on 2/10

This is getting REALLY tiresome.
/.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:42 am

I wish that in award searches the results were sorted by availability. For instance, the calendar may indicate for a given day that saver economy is available but it may be availabile on only one of the 20 flight options the system shows. Thus I spent a lot of time wadding through possible options until I found what the old system would have showed up front.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:22 am

I've been saying this throughout this thread. Incredibly frustrating. I work in the IT industry and cannot believe a company would release an applicaiton with this many glaring holes in it. Especially one that is so directly related to their revenue stream.

Reminds me of the pathetic usair situaiton where Canadian residents couldn't book online for the longest time. Lame.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:37 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I believe these 4 words have alot to do with it... "powered by ORBITZ Technology"...

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
I've been saying this throughout this thread. Incredibly frustrating. I work in the IT industry and cannot believe a company would release an applicaiton with this many glaring holes in it. Especially one that is so directly related to their revenue stream.

Reminds me of the pathetic usair situaiton where Canadian residents couldn't book online for the longest time. Lame.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow

Consider the possibility that the loss of multi-city trip searches for award tickets may not actually be a bug, but a design requirement of the new product. Since we don't know either way, it's hard to assume that it's a bug or a "hole". Of course, I realize that doesn't change the fact that you'd like that option...but the omission of that may have been a conscious decision on someone's part.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Consider the possibility that the loss of multi-city trip searches for award tickets may not actually be a bug, but a design requirement of the new product.
Who said anything about award tickets? You cannot do a multi city search by schedule. That is a GAPING hole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.