Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION: Northwest Relaunches new nwa.com Booking Engine [11/30/2007]

Old Nov 29, 07, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd

Uh oh...

Booking of flights on nwa.com is temporarily unavailable.

We are currently upgrading our site

Please check back at approximately 1:00 AM Central Time to view our new functionality

To purchase tickets immediately, please call Northwest Reservations at 1-800-225-2525

This can mean only one thing: the "new" nwa.com is coming back again...
Old Nov 29, 07, 10:24 pm

"New" website set to return...

I just went to NW.com to try to tweak an award reservation and saw this
Booking of flights on nwa.com is temporarily unavailable.
We are currently upgrading our site

Please check back at approximately 1:00 AM Central Time to view our new functionality

To purchase tickets immediately, please call Northwest Reservations at 1-800-225-2525
Let's hope that the time they've had since October 1 when they first tried to release this new functionality has been put to good use!
Old Nov 29, 07, 11:58 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Looks like the new booking engine is live and running. Comments?
Old Nov 30, 07, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by slippahs View Post
Looks like the new booking engine is live and running. Comments?
I have been beating on it for a little bit now and it seems to be working well. I am going to try some multi-city itins now. The real test will be when it is under full load. Last time I did ok in the wee hours but it started to lock up under full load. I am sure there will be an outcry because it is a change but...
Old Nov 30, 07, 12:14 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Its still got that annoying "feature" that if you change the departure date it automatically changes your return date. Very irritating Makes it hard if you're playing with dates to find a good fare/routing.

And you still can find a better price with "search by schedule" than "search by price" -- didn't figure that would change but I was hopeful.

And calling up saved itineraries causes a big bomb. And my "Past travel" lists each flight 3 to 9 (!!) times and doesn't manage to find the info.

Last edited by TheMadBrewer; Nov 30, 07 at 12:19 am
Old Nov 30, 07, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
Just booked a multi-destination award flight with no problem. I don't know if it's cause of my elite status but I got more availability choices using the new NWA search engine than using KVS.
Old Nov 30, 07, 2:31 am

How hard would it have been to read the existing cookie in that stored WP#, name and city preferences?

For award searches, the single day results that initially pop up are fast, the calendar is still very slow...

On interesting thing is that it is showing all kinds of strange routings. It pulls up SIN-CDG-SEA for SIN-SEA.... can't get it to book though, but it keeps pulling it up as an option. More DL and CO showing up on the transpac routings (even saw ICN-ATL-SEA in perksaver C).
Old Nov 30, 07, 3:28 am

Programs: UA, DL, HA, QF (ex-TW, AA, NW)
Still reluctant to find long RT's.

Well, it actually comes up with results (after a few tries) for HNL-EBB. ^ Looks like it needs to be a day the nonstop KL flight AMS-EBB operates; I don't think it knows about KQ inventory from NBO-EBB. Doesn't seem to want to include HA ITO-HNL for that run, either... but it's an improvement over the old one nonetheless. And it doesn't seem to like doing award searches for HNL-EBB...

Last edited by DanTravels; Nov 30, 07 at 3:41 am
Old Nov 30, 07, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by hw711 View Post
Just booked a multi-destination award flight with no problem. I don't know if it's cause of my elite status but I got more availability choices using the new NWA search engine than using KVS.
Yes this is why I liked the JP site, it definetly has better partner routings.
Old Nov 30, 07, 4:24 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Thumbs down Northwest Relaunches new nwa.com Booking Engine [11/30/2007]

Another annoying feature is for award bookings. If I do NOT login I can go through a "dummy" booking and SELECT the outbound AND return flights to see the routes and how many miles it would cost. If I login to my account and perform a search it pulls up the outbound choices, but I cannot SELECT because I do not have enough miles in my account, instead the option BUY MILES is listed instead of SELECT, so I cannot see the return choices. I would much rather prefer the BUY MILES option at the very end after both outbound and return flights are selected.
So if I don't login I can see both outbound and return flights. If I do login I can get better availability but can only see outbound choices and not return options.

Last edited by anbhc; Nov 30, 07 at 4:24 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 30, 07, 5:52 am

Darn, I was hopeful that the new booking engine would allow me to book tickets to Lagos online. But, again, I type in Lagos and get "We are having trouble with this search." The good news is that the NWA.com can price out a RT to Abuja, which the old one could not.

Last edited by humanoid94; Nov 30, 07 at 6:22 am Reason: To clarify
Old Nov 30, 07, 5:54 am

Programs: Delta UA Spg
I went to book an award ticket for sin...30000 miles each way and the total shows up as 80000 miles.
Old Nov 30, 07, 6:07 am

Programs: NW PE, AC, AA, National EE
Tried to book an award ticket, have to login every time if I need to modify search, then go through two steps to select outbound and inbound availabilities, then here is the messege I got:

"We are sorry, there was a problem completing this reservation. Please contact Northwest reservations at 1-800-225-2525 for assistance. (Message 183)"
Old Nov 30, 07, 6:08 am

I am of the opinion that the NWA MIS department needs to be shaken up. Just imagine if this was an online order entry system (which it is) for a retail company and no one could place an order?

Why not have a Beta test web site that FT'ers could try out and report back to NW Scoop with the bugs? How much testing did NW do before the release? It had to be severely embarrasing the first time, and yet the second release seems to be almost as buggy.
Old Nov 30, 07, 6:13 am

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
My Itineraries: res.nwa.com/Secure/ViewMyStuff?

The page you requested is unavailable or cannot be found.

Not good.
/.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: