Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Embraer's start flying today [Aug 21 2007]...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embraer's start flying today [Aug 21 2007]...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL GE
Dumb question, are they going to replace all the single class CRJ's with these *ultimately*?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Dumb question, are they going to replace all the single class CRJ's with these *ultimately*?

Thanks!
Unlikely ... right now they are going on routes that used to be served by the RJ-85's. In the long run as DC-9's finally are retired, I would expect some 76-seaters to replace DC-9-30's on routes with light load factors.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:41 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Unlikely ... right now they are going on routes that used to be served by the RJ-85's. In the long run as DC-9's finally are retired, I would expect some 76-seaters to replace DC-9-30's on routes with light load factors.
Is the RJ-85 the Avro? If so I don't remember an RJ-85 on the DFW-MSP route. There used to be one on the DFW-MEM route. I think there have been some CRJ's on the MSP route here and there. The first CRJ in DFW was on the IND route which no longer exists. I'll have to go over to DFW and see the new bird. Glad it is two class.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Mrs. TrayflowinUK and I are booked on the E175 MSP-DFW next Friday... I'll report back on the plane. Any specific info people want? (No, I'm not bringing a tape measure!)
Old Aug 22, 2007, 5:56 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Let one of them be GSP... Please, GSP!!!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by wldtrvlr
Is the RJ-85 the Avro? If so I don't remember an RJ-85 on the DFW-MSP route.
Yes, RJ-85 == Avro. I don't believe they ever flew it to DFW. That's always been CRJ/DC-9 territory as far as I can recall. Adding the E-175 will be, IMO, an upgrade to that market.

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Mrs. TrayflowinUK and I are booked on the E175 MSP-DFW next Friday... I'll report back on the plane. Any specific info people want? (No, I'm not bringing a tape measure!)
Take some pics. It's a beautiful aircraft that doesn't mind being photographed one bit.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 7:08 am

Programs: WorldPerks Platinum
These will be flying to GRB, hopefully to replace the CRJ flights. They flew one to Green Bay on a "promotional tour" last week and scored some good local press coverage.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...=2007708150559
Old Aug 22, 2007, 7:52 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Unfortunately not. But.... I WISH!!!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Here's hoping they'll put it on the MSP-HPN route. I would think this route would generate some decent revenue with a first class cabin. I've avoided HPN ever since it went all CRJ. Used to be an Avro from MSP-HPN and one or two DC-9s out of DTW.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
MHT-MSP gets them starting on November 4. Now if only GSO could get an upgrade from being all CRJ - an upgrade to the CRJ-900s or E-175s would be an improvement.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 2:12 pm

Location: Rochester NY, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by DanTravels
... 36 inches of pitch - good. Airline PR folk not being able to correctly define or explain pitch - worrisome.
Hey, they did say the space was free of objects.

That said, I'll take a Embraer 175 for ROC, please. We used to have a nice little 4 eng. plane that had 1st, the BAe146 (?) I think but I guess they went away.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by theFirstDave
We used to have a nice little 4 eng. plane that had 1st, the BAe146 (?) I think but I guess they went away.
Close - the Avro RJ-85s were a newer, better version of the 146. (Along the the RJ-100 and... well, I guess the RJX never really went anywhere.)

This is a good thing, since real 146's are sufficiently decrepit that an Air France pilot crossing the English Channel in one with me aboard made a mid-flight announcement just as we got over the water, reminding pax to review the safety card instructions for water landings because "this is an old airplane."
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by DanTravels
"this is an old airplane."
Production began in 1982 -- they're spring chickens compare to our DC-9's.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 1:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sxf24
US E-175s offer a single class of service with 32-33" of pitch. I'd estimate Compass is on either side of 31", which is "comparable to other aircraft in Northwest’s current mainline fleet."
NW has two extra rows in their configuration compared to the US E-175's configuration. I doubt NW would EVER have done that if, prior to ordering these things, the entire NW Board of Directors were required to take a two hour one-way trip in an aircraft configured like this seated shoulder to shoulder with the passenger in front of them having their seat at maximum recline. No offense but passenger comfort is NOT about how much headroom an aircraft has - comfort is about room for butts and legs!
Old Aug 24, 2007, 4:00 am

Programs: NW-Plat, PC-Gold, SPG Gold, National Exec.
Not exactly apples to apples comparison

Originally Posted by Allanf
NW has two extra rows in their configuration compared to the US E-175's configuration. I doubt NW would EVER have done that if, prior to ordering these things, the entire NW Board of Directors were required to take a two hour one-way trip in an aircraft configured like this seated shoulder to shoulder with the passenger in front of them having their seat at maximum recline. No offense but passenger comfort is NOT about how much headroom an aircraft has - comfort is about room for butts and legs!
US has E-170's which is a shorter version of the E-175 used by NW. The E-175 is 5 feet longer.

The pitch on the E-175 is 31" which is the same as NW's CRJ, 757 and DC-9.

Another big difference is that NW's E-170's have a F section, where US doesn't. To me this is a big selling point for NW-I miss the Avro.

Last edited by jman4l; Aug 24, 2007 at 4:01 am Reason: correct typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.