Wiki Posts
Search

Online check-in problem

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2002, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Online check-in problem

I tried to use the online check-in but received the message the message “Your reservation does not allow you to use the nwa.com Check-In service.” The web help person said I was tagged for an additional security check since I purchased the ticket today for a flight tomorrow and could not use the online check-in. Therefore no bonus miles, and there was nothing they could do about it.

Has anyone else had this problem and then managed to somehow receive the bonus?

Also, I found it odd that they would tell me I was tagged for an additional security check. If I was a terrorist it would be very useful to know this.
Old May 15, 2002, 12:13 pm

call customer services and req a manager or above right away. I would say something like this " Hello my name is blah blah i purchased a ticket on last minute notice for "a family problem or business" (which ever it is). As a busy person I was trying to save time and use your helpful nwa.com check-in but was advised I would not be able to b/c i bought my ticket today, for travel tomorrow. It is very disappointing to learn that i will not be able to qualify for your highly advertised promo of the 2,000. Is there anything you could do to help reduce my disappointment with your nwa.com check in, it does not say that there could be times that it cannot be used the day be4.

They should credit you for the 2,000 bonus miles. Let us know what happens
Old May 15, 2002, 12:21 pm

Or you could just try to use an e-ticket machine at the airport. It'll also snag you the 2000 miles for the promo.

Old May 15, 2002, 12:36 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the-ca-goat:
Or you could just try to use an e-ticket machine at the airport. It'll also snag you the 2000 miles for the promo.</font>

In my experience, if you can't check in online, you won't be able to check in at a self-service machine. But your point about alerting someone who had plans to cause harm is an astute one....

Old May 15, 2002, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
brians51, thanks for the suggestion. I did as you suggested. After some hesitation and being on hold for 15 minutes, they agreed to manually credit the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.