Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early AM flight delayed w/o notice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2007, 1:35 am

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Originally Posted by glafollette
WOW ... I must admit that I'm absolutely AMAZED by the activity and especially by the vitriol exhibited in some of the responses. A quick re-read of my original message confirmed (at least to me) that I was 1) not all that "upset", 2) satisfied with NWA's response, and 3) only looking for guidance. Instead I got fairly vicious (IMHO) and condescending comments from several obviously VERY SENIOR FT members. I'm no forum newbie and have fairly thick skin --- but some of the assumptions, including that I'm not smart eneough to check the damn web site, are beyong my patience. OF COURSE I CHECKED THE WEBSITE!!!! I printed my boarding pass at 11:15pm and the flight STILL SHOWED ON TIME.

Before all the flamers start let me explain that I am a technology professional and make extensive use of forums, wiki's, and other tech tools. I'm all about community. In this instant case the community here is just a bit over the top. I'll hang around far another go-round, but hey .... lighten up, OK?

gll

I would have to agree with you. In fact reading through this thread I had to think, "That is an awful nice way to welcome a "newbie" to FT, would suprise me if they even stick around".

Early morning flights are always challenging, and yes it would be nice to be able to sleep in some mornings when you know the flight will be delayed. Unfortunately, that generally is not an option. Do we each have responsibility for finding out what we can, YES, does the airline have a responsibility to notify us, they SHOULD. Are either of the options perfect, NO.

This board used to be calm and helpful. In fact people in the other forums used to comment about the calm in the NW forum. Now it seems like they are a bunch of starving savages and you threw a piece of red meat in front of them and the feeding frenzy was on. I am not a moderator, or a FT evangelist, but I would like to apologize to you for the tone of the comments you recieved. It's OK for people to "blame" you and for others to "blame" the airline, but it does not have to be done in a hateful or condescending way. I think the level of compensation NWA gave you for what could be seen as a minor problem speaks to your value as a customer to the airline. I think you could be a valuable member to this board if you can survive your "welcome to Flyertalk thread".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.