Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Response to Shop4.com Comments from wp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2001, 12:46 pm
wp
Original Poster

The following response comes directly from Shop4.com. Hopefully it will address your concerns. If you have further questions about Shop4.com, including mileage postings, cancelled orders or any other customer service concern, please contact them directly at 1-800-494-8629.

Shop4.com's Response:

In response for the 10,000 miles request:

At the end of April, the server hosting the Shop4 site was down. All orders placed during that period have been recovered. Please be assured that any qualified Shop4 orders taken in the month of April will receive mileage incentives through Northwest.

In response to how long it takes to get miles posted to members' WorldPerks accounts:

A person places an order. When an item is marked as shipped and billed in our system, it automatically assigns the applicable miles in our airline table. However, the miles are not eligible to be transmitted to Northwest for 1 month after it is marked as shipped in case of returns, lost in transit, etc. Once that 1 month is up, the miles will be transmitted to Northwest on the 1st of the following month.

[wp Comment: Given that the 30 days don't start until the item is shipped - versus ordered - and that the miles are then sent to Northwest on the first of each month thereafter, that will put all miles posting around the 6-8 weeks timeframe. If it is past 8 weeks and you still have not received miles from Shop4.com, please contact them directly at the phone number above]

In response to what our Customer Service Representative does when an order is cancelled by the vendor:

When an order is cancelled by Shop4, our procedure is to call the member and let them know of the cancellation. If a machine picks up, a message is left regarding the cancellation. Our customer service calls three times. If after 3 phone calls we are not able to reach the customer, a postcard is mailed out asking them to call customer service. At times products do become unavailable and are discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience and do our best to limit these types of situations.

[There are several threads out there regarding Shop4, if someone could do a quick search and link them to this response - since I don't know how to link threads - I would be grateful]
Old May 25, 2001, 12:56 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Okay! Thanks again! Happy memorial Day!
Old May 25, 2001, 6:51 pm
Suspended

wp thanks for you help with Shop4.

One question
Although I signed up for Shop4 on 2/21/01 and was promised 1000 NWA points to signup ( to be posted in 8 weeks )and 1000 NWA points for the first purchase.
Made a purchase a few days later and about 30 days later I got a post card (no phone calls, I have caller ID) saying the " offer is no longer valid " called them up and they said my order had been cancelled.
Asked why and the CSR " it must be we no longer have the item .."
At that time I decided that I will not buy
anything from them since their service was so bad.
However I would like to get the 1000
miles I was promised to for sign up.
I called the number listed but they have no record of my sign-up even though I have a copy of a 5 page signup e-mail from them
welcoming me to the program.

Directed to WP
Will I get my 1000 mile bonus? since it appears they also lost my sign-up data.
I notice you mentioned miles for " qualified orders " but nothing about the sign-up bonus.

Thanks again for your help.
Mike
P.s. edited this after I got a phone call from a Shop4.com CSR miles promised, see new thread started above.

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 05-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 05-26-2001).]
Old May 26, 2001, 11:21 pm
Original Member

Big Thanks, WP. Called shop4 to check on points for my sister, my husband and myself. It had been 10 weeks. Very helpful person in customer service. I had copies of orders and order numbers and she was able to verify the orders for all 3 of us. She re-took our WP #'s and said someone would call to let me know how soon points would post. She did mention it might be 8 weeks I told her I had called twice already and the points were over 2 weeks past the original 8 weeks.

My gut feeling is that nothing would have posted if I hadn't gotten back to them reminding them of their obligation.

Thanks for all your work on our behalf. Your kindness is very much appreciated.

------------------
Some women are born wise, others achieve wisdom, still others have wisdom thrust upon them as they wonder through the posts of this board. Thanks one and all.
Old May 29, 2001, 11:11 am

Had the same experience as Wonderer. My wife and I joined shop4.com in February and we both paid annual fees. I had two orders which I've received and my wife has one completed order. Our credit cards have been charged. Our two daughters also made two orders each as non-members which they've received. We've called shop4.com 3 times now. They have records of our purchases but give the standard line that it will take 90 days to post the miles. 90 days from when is the big question. Has anyone have miles posted in their WP account by shop4.com?
Old May 29, 2001, 11:19 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
Nope, and there are several threads talking about this. 90 days from completion of order is my understanding from two CSRs.
Old Jun 21, 2001, 10:52 pm

I signed up Shop4.com 01/22. As of 06/21, I still haven't received any mile from them!

Dozens of emails and calls just went wasted without any meaningful resolution. I have been told about this excuse from Shop4 three times. "It's not our fault. NWA will take 90 days to process your miles. Call us back if you don't see your miles then"
Oh well. I have patiently waited for 5 months and Shop4 is still BSing me. Is this the quality of NWA's partner?
Old Jun 22, 2001, 7:13 am

same problem. i bought a membership and paid for a product in early February with this outfit, and still no miles. i called customer service, and suprisingly they had a record of it.

they also blamed it on NW, although they couldn't tell me WHEN they submitted the info to NW.

either: 1) NW isn't posting these in a reasonable manner, or 2) this outfit should be threatened with delistment from NW for failing to deliver.

WP: any chance of an update on what's going on?? the 'dog ate my homework' excuses from Shop4.com are getting REAL old.

Old Jun 22, 2001, 12:13 pm
wp
Original Poster

I am truly sorry that you have not yet been awarded your miles. To date, all mileage requests received by WorldPerks from Shop4 have been posted.

On behalf of Shop4: Please be aware that Shop4 is currently reviewing all transactions including membership enrollment and first time purchase bonus procedures to insure that all WorldPerks members are receiving their miles correctly and in a timely
manner. For those individuals still waiting on their miles please be patient as this process will be completed shortly and any outstanding miles will be awarded. We apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that the appropriate miles will be awarded shortly. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by wp (edited 06-22-2001).]
Old Jun 27, 2001, 8:21 am

WP:

When you state that all shop4.com credits have been received and posted...up to what date?

I've been told by a CSR at shop4.com that they sent in my wife's and my credits on 6/1/2001. None of our points have posted.

The CSR told me that I have to wait 6-8 more weeks for NWA to post the points they sent to NWA on 6/1.

Thank you!
Old Jun 27, 2001, 10:11 pm

WP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I too have been having MAJOR problems with Shop4.bomb For my son's 10,000 mile promo. NW has been on the ball!! He ordered something March 22, recieved item April 4 and no miles, I have contacted Shop4 on 12 occassions, spoken with supervisors many csr's Most who don't know which end is up. On 7 occassions they claim they did not have my son's ff#, on 4 occassions they claimed to have sent NW the miles (they all told me different dates for submission) The last time I spoke with a supervisor (3 days ago) she told me the miles had NEVER been sent to NW. She assured me I would recieve a phone call from "operations" who was the "final step to NW" within 3 working days. What a surprise NO PHONE CALL. This is my son's last partner all others have posted. I understand Northwest's hands are tied but I would like to find out who Shop4's liason with NW is to get some help. WP any suggestions.
Thank You Sorry this is so long, my patience is wearing quite thin
Old Jun 28, 2001, 6:08 am
Suspended

Despite wp's efforts I just can't help get the feeling we are just getting the royal run around with Shop4.com.
Is there ANYBODY who has got points from this joke outfit?
Maybe I ought to start a thread like DJLawman's ANY SUCCESS WITH MILESBAR.
Mike
Old Jun 28, 2001, 7:31 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
The miles have not posted for my purchase on Apr 30.
Old Jun 28, 2001, 1:58 pm

I did a follow-up email with shop4.com to get a status check on my points. They stated that my points were sent to NWA on 6/1 and that I should see credit to my account in 6-8 weeks. Wow...it takes this company a total of 5 months! I'm told my points for a purchase made in March will hit my account in August. Wow...almost as bad as Sprint which took 6 months.
Old Jun 28, 2001, 6:00 pm
wp
Original Poster

The WorldPerks Partner Manager who oversees the Shop4.com partnership has been working diligently with them to resolve posting issues. Shop4 management is aware that there are outstanding items that need to be posted but from your comments, it appears this has not been communicated to the reps.

WorldPerks has posted all mileage requests on tapes received by Shop4 so there are no outstanding tapes at Northwest. Therefore, no member is waiting on Northwest to post the miles for Shop4. The 6-8 weeks for miles to post builds in time for the partner to gather all transaction data and send the mileage request to Northwest, and for Northwest to post them. I can assure you that we do not take 6-8 weeks to post the miles once we receive them. We typically take less than one week.

It is my understanding that a tape will be coming over from Shop4 to Northwest shortly that will have all of the outstanding mileage requests on it. I don't have a date as to when this is happening but I am told "soon".

Again, I need to reiterate that I am really sorry for the inconvenience. WorldPerks is reliant on our partners to send us the mileage posting requests in a timely manner to ensure miles are posted within 6-8 weeks. Northwest will continue to work with all partners, including Shop4, to ensure this is the case.

As soon as I have another update, I will let you know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.