Select Seating

Old Oct 28, 2000, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Select Seating

I was wondering if any elite members of WorldPerks have ever tried to use this "benefit" for transatlantic flights on KLM and what happened. I have had a terrible time getting these seats from Northwest. Whenever I make a reservation and ask for these seats I'm told in a rude manner that these seats aren't available even though I'm making these reservations a month or more in advance. Selects Seats on KLM are in the front section of tourist class. I suspect two things, KLM is holding these seats for their elites and shutting out the Northwest reservation system or advance reservations for these seats depends on how much your ticket costs no matter if you're an elite or not even though this so-called benefit is supposed to be available to elites. I think both things are occuring. This so-called alliance sure is one-sided.
Old Oct 28, 2000, 7:22 am

I'm quite surprised to hear you're having these problems. Counting my last and next 3 such flights, I've had no problems getting seats in rows 16, 11, 11 and 18 assigned from NW. (On a KLM MD-11 with coach starting at rwo 8). I can assure you too that I am not paying full fare coach for these.

I don't know how often you've had this happen? Maybe the seats were just already taken - though that certainly is no reason for the agents to be rude about it.
Old Oct 28, 2000, 8:24 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
It is important that your ticket be a NW flight number even though you are on KL;
1) It is difficult/(impossible?) for the NW agent to get to the KL "elite" seats
2) You can not see the seat charts on the NW web-site if it is a KL flight number. In fact you can not even see the seat chart at ITN if it is a KL flight number but you can see the seat chart if you are asking about the NW code-share flight number.
3) I have never had a problem with elite seating transatlantic on KL flights as long as I was using a NW flight number in fact based on my profile my next two flights have put me into 10a & 12a (my seats of preference) automatically more than 2 months early.
4) If the flight was not inexpensive for me (read cheap) magic111 would not be going.
Old Oct 28, 2000, 11:32 am
Suspended

KLM seat arrangements can be viewed online at http://en.nederland.klm.com/service/.../seatarrng.asp
Old Oct 28, 2000, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by magic111:
It is important that your ticket be a NW flight number even though you are on KL;
1) It is difficult/(impossible?) for the NW agent to get to the KL "elite" seats
2) You can not see the seat charts on the NW web-site if it is a KL flight number. In fact you can not even see the seat chart at ITN if it is a KL flight number but you can see the seat chart if you are asking about the NW code-share flight number.
3) I have never had a problem with elite seating transatlantic on KL flights as long as I was using a NW flight number in fact based on my profile my next two flights have put me into 10a & 12a (my seats of preference) automatically more than 2 months early.
4) If the flight was not inexpensive for me (read cheap) magic111 would not be going.
Old Oct 28, 2000, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Well I've been using the Northwest elite phone line and I still have these problems and I have no idea why, which is incredibly irritating. This happened before and I wrote complaints to both Northwest and KLM and received a letter from Northwest, which said I was entitled to these seats. KLM never responded. The problem surfaced again and I complained again and it stopped and now it has returned. I really don't believe rows 9-18 on a 747 are completely full six weeks in advance. I really don't know what to do, I'm tired of complaining.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.