Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NEW Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Cups in NW First Class [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Cups in NW First Class [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:32 am

What, no Stephen Colberts Americone Dream? They could get a little free airtime on the show for serving it.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by drat19
Perhaps as each day passes, FTers are becoming more appreciative of ANY service.
Well, some... but certainly not all...
Old Jun 19, 2007, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Hate Coach
Flight on Sunday 6/17 MSP - SFO we were served a Ben & Jerry's ice cream cup. This was a first for me. Is this something new ?
New...and old. NW used to serve cups of Sebastian Joe's (Minneapolis ice cream parlor) in Y. That was a few years ago, though...
Old Jun 19, 2007, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Merged a few threads for housekeeping.

-slippahs, NW forum co-moderator
Old Jun 19, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
I LOVE ice cream. They can offer it for every meal, to every destination, at every time of the day, in every class of service, on every flight.

Can I have two???^^^
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Originally Posted by The NWA kid
That should make mileage runs a lot more enjoyable! What flavor were they serving?

Cherry Garcia
Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:27 pm

Maybe wrong forum but I was flying CX between BKK and SIN in April and they served ice cream in Y with the meal service. It had been sooooo long since I'd seen such a thing on any airline in Y that I had to ask the FA what it was...it was kinda embarassing when she told me. ice cream..she looked at me like I was a senile old coot...
Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by jwrhn
Maybe wrong forum but I was flying CX between BKK and SIN in April and they served ice cream in Y with the meal service. It had been sooooo long since I'd seen such a thing on any airline in Y that I had to ask the FA what it was...it was kinda embarassing when she told me. ice cream..she looked at me like I was a senile old coot...
I believe NW serves ice cream on every AMS to DTW/MEM/MSP flight. (Along with an awful hot pocket sandwich just prior to landing stateside.) You don't even have to ask what it is either. But it sure ain't B&J.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
You don't even have to ask what it is either. But it sure ain't B&J.
It's basically the same kind of stuff that they hawk at pro baseball games and other sporting events in the summer.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Odds of ice cream on NW807?

When I went HNL-LAX-DTW-PHL (NW 802/330/278) on June 22/23, I managed to not see any ice cream.

I'm doing EWR-MSP-(SEA)-HNL on Saturday, with my daughter, in F. The SEA-HNL leg is supposed to include dinner... any chances of seeing ice cream?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:19 pm

Programs: DM , MM ,Natl-Exec Elite,HH diamond,SPG gold
Originally Posted by DanTravels
When I went HNL-LAX-DTW-PHL (NW 802/330/278) on June 22/23, I managed to not see any ice cream.

I'm doing EWR-MSP-(SEA)-HNL on Saturday, with my daughter, in F. The SEA-HNL leg is supposed to include dinner... any chances of seeing ice cream?
I have not seen it since late June, and have been on about 6 dinner flights.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:21 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by DanTravels

Earlier this week, on a lunch flight MSP-FLL, we had Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge, along with the hot Reuben Sandwich (or Southwestern Salad, if you preferred). Last dinner flight I took was last month, LAX-MSP, and there was a slice of cheesecake on the tray for dessert.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:47 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Had the ice cream MSP-BWI Thursday night. I have to admit, as much of a DL loyalist as I am, I might be able to get used to listening to FA's moan and gripe about their jobs and how horrible they have it as long as they are handing my chocolate ice cream while they are doing it!!!!!

Have to admit, nice touch NWA (and nice touch to serve dinner on an under 2 hour flight).
Old Jul 21, 2007, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Just had my first flight with the ice cream dessert - DTW-DFW. I was seated in 1-D and I have to say...this ice cream thing is a bad idea. Like most people, I eat my dessert last. I ate half of the entree (cashew chicken) and my salad and then went for the ice cream. The ice cream was already half melted and I'm in the first row! It was a mess.

Maybe I just had a bad experience? The plane wasn't delayed taking off or anything.

BTW..it was chocolate fudge brownie.

-RM
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Just had my first flight with the ice cream dessert - DTW-DFW. I was seated in 1-D and I have to say...this ice cream thing is a bad idea. Like most people, I eat my dessert last. I ate half of the entree (cashew chicken) and my salad and then went for the ice cream. The ice cream was already half melted and I'm in the first row! It was a mess.
Uh... wait. They served the ice cream at the same time as the rest of the food? That doesn't sound like a good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.