Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

MSP Underground Tram -- Jog in tunnel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP Underground Tram -- Jog in tunnel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2007, 9:27 pm

Programs: ADL, ACLU, NRA, HRC, NCLR, WBCA
I always thought the jog in the underground tram was to go around something.... the whole tram thing was rather an afterthought at MSP
Old Apr 25, 2007, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, National Emerald Club Elite, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by BobH
At DTW, they have what is essentially a single track system with a place in the middle where the two cars can pass ---

I haven't ridden the system at MSP often enough to notice, but wonder if there's a place for the cars to pass there.

Bob H
The underground tram does have two lines, but they are probaby 30 ft apart on parallel tracks.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rschendel
The underground tram does have two lines, but they are probaby 30 ft apart on parallel tracks.
That's right.

I know that for the underground tram on the left side, when heading from the Light Rail (Hiawatha Line/55) to the Lindbergh Terminal has a swerve in the tunnel. Does the track on the right side, when heading from the Light Rail to the Lindbergh Terminal, have the same thing?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
That's right.

I know that for the underground tram on the left side, when heading from the Light Rail (Hiawatha Line/55) to the Lindbergh Terminal has a swerve in the tunnel. Does the track on the right side, when heading from the Light Rail to the Lindbergh Terminal, have the same thing?
Yes it does.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:14 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
It's not even that long, i am surprised they just didn't put in a walkway.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:35 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
It's not even that long, i am surprised they just didn't put in a walkway.
Considering how much compensation MAC got for the delays in starting the tram, they got a pretty good deal on it.

And if you look at the big picture, it's a lot easier for light rail riders considering how much walking they have to get to the tram from the station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.