Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NorthWest Bradley Operations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
NorthWest Bradley Operations

How does Northwest think they can operate efficiently with their staff at Bradley this summer when they introduce 757's to AMS. Their agents were all let go and they substituted for imcompetent low paid workers. When a flight cancels they have NO IDEA what to do. It is a joke at the airport.

NorthWest made a big mistake letting go agents that some have given over 30 years to the airline. Many of us loyal customers have abandoned NW for SKYTEAM partner Continental with their new aircraft and "happy employees"

BDL-AMS will not last
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I'm not seeing any questions (marks) in your post.

-RM
Old Mar 7, 2007, 4:01 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
I had a flight last week out of BDL that was delayed to the point that I would miss my connection in DTW. The lines were long and the staff was clueless.

At least I could call the Plat line and get a confirmed seat on a later flight...
Old Mar 7, 2007, 4:23 pm

I still want to know where they are going to put a lounge for their J PAX at BDL.

Besides the fact that there does not appear to be any space for a lounge, since they have outsourced the operation to what appear to be totally clueless individuals, I can only imagine what might staff a lounge and the total ineptitude RE: partner use and SkyTeam use.

Dan
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:29 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Low-paid, yes.
Incompetent, not really!

They are quite competent to do the job that NW has hired them to do....
1. smile at customers
2. put bag tags on their checked luggage
3. scan boarding passes at the gate
4. open and close the door of the airplane
5. tell people that have any problems like missed connections or cancelled flights to call the 800 number for assistance

None of these people were hired with any intention of providing "service" at the airport. NW no longer provides this, and has no intention of providing it in the future. If your flight is cancelled, don't waste your time standing in line, because you will only be told "I can't help you, but here is the number to call...."

I am not saying that I agree with this approach, but that's the way it is. And who says you have to have a Lounge at BDL just because you have one 757 flight to Amsterdam each evening? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. It would be nice, but I just don't think it will happen.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:32 pm

If you have a beef with Northwest...

Talk To Us
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Is this some kind of record?

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Of course, our erstwhile grousers probably wouldn't have much luck using TTU to complain about the BDL-AMS route and how poorly they've been treated as WBC passengers on it, since, well, it doesn't exist yet.

How far in advance of service actually starting will people complain about it? We're almost four months out, at this point.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL
Which company took over ground handling for NW at BDL?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:08 pm

I was on a flight to AMS last month with a Corporate Guy from
a Detroit area "huge" International company with a branch office
in DUS. He was visiting his DUS branch office once every three
weeks, so he was so enthusiastic about the upcoming non-stop
flight DTW-DUS. I told him ( man, I hope I was right ) that it
was a 757. He shuttered and said, connecting through
AMS was the better deal. Maybe that answers some questions
about the Bradley flight ( which personally I hope will be a
success, since I am banking on the new NWA shares ).
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hvnflyer
Many of us loyal customers have abandoned NW for SKYTEAM partner Continental with their new aircraft and "happy employees"

And many of us CO gold's have left their Jungle Jet's for those old 9's with FC (of course this was shortly after Gordo said he wasn't making any significant changes to OP...must have meant in that 2 week time frame before he made the change)

Soc

PS I have a happy COEX FA you should meet then...she was a joy to see (not)
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Expected TTU response

Q: Dear Talk To Us. I am quite concerned about the level of service at Bradley. The staff seem inable to provide assistance in the case of cancelled flights and misconnects.

A: Thank you for contacting Talk To Us. We really take seriously your customership and wish you a happy elitehood.

I am sorry about your concerns about Bradley. Bradley is a dedicated employee and we will talk to him about your concerns.

We are sorry about your cancelled flight and misconnect. Please don't cancel any more flights. Then reconnect your computer and book more flights.

Thank you for contacting Talk To Us.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by SpinzCity
Q: Dear Talk To Us. I am quite concerned about the level of service at Bradley. The staff seem inable to provide assistance in the case of cancelled flights and misconnects.

A: Thank you for contacting Talk To Us. We really take seriously your customership and wish you a happy elitehood.

I am sorry about your concerns about Bradley. Bradley is a dedicated employee and we will talk to him about your concerns.

We are sorry about your cancelled flight and misconnect. Please don't cancel any more flights. Then reconnect your computer and book more flights.

Thank you for contacting Talk To Us.
Good one! Now, can I have a drink of what you're having? :>)
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>Good one! Now, can I have a drink of what you're having? :>)

Do you mean the Old Pulteney, the Bowmore 15 (Mariner), the Laphroaig, or the Bowmore Dusk?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I was on a flight to AMS last month with a Corporate Guy from
a Detroit area "huge" International company with a branch office
in DUS. He was visiting his DUS branch office once every three
weeks, so he was so enthusiastic about the upcoming non-stop
flight DTW-DUS. I told him ( man, I hope I was right ) that it
was a 757. He shuttered and said, connecting through
AMS was the better deal. Maybe that answers some questions
about the Bradley flight ( which personally I hope will be a
success, since I am banking on the new NWA shares ).
Sorry for the change of topic, but...speaking of the new stock, how exactly does that work? Will new stock be issued to holders of the old stock or is that just worthless? I currently hold zero stock in NWA, however, am interested in getting in on the ground floor persay so will I be able to buy the new stock during an IPO?

Thanks for any info!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by davedeboston
Sorry for the change of topic, but...speaking of the new stock, how exactly does that work? Will new stock be issued to holders of the old stock or is that just worthless? I currently hold zero stock in NWA, however, am interested in getting in on the ground floor persay so will I be able to buy the new stock during an IPO?

Thanks for any info!
The old stock will be worthless. IIRC, old stockholders will have an earlier chance at the new stock than if you had nothing, but you still need to buy it at full price. Or maybe that's creditors... there's a thread somewhere here about it, I suggest digging it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.